Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    OMG OP please dont turn this into 'so why cant i like makes my vtecs go on all the time, whats the point in only having it around the only 5800 only to the redline''

Research what VTEC is, if it was on all the time, youd have a mcfukn mcslow car, dewd.

Close thread or keep open 4 da lulz

get ITB's and dump it on its asssss

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Just to clarify, coz it seems some ppl are getting all mixed up, although I can see there's a lot of confusion and misunderstanding with OP and everything...

OP's brother or whoever, has a DC2R and VTEC comes on only at 5900rpm... he's asking if there is something wrong...

OP himself has an EK with a B18 of some sort which has 2 butterflys... OP thinks his B18 is a Type-R B18 as it came out of a 98spec R... Maybe original 98spec R owner put in a VTIR B18 into it for some reason... but that's irrelevant. OP probably doesn't have a R motor like what everyone else said...

To answer the DC2R question owned by the OP's brother... there is nothing wrong with his DC2R and the motor... VTEC in a B18C7 will come on at 5700rpm and continue through to redline... that's it.

Talking about your own B18 in your EK has nothing to do with your brother's B18 in his DC2R as they're obviously different B18 motors.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r View Post
    Just to clarify, coz it seems some ppl are getting all mixed up, although I can see there's a lot of confusion and misunderstanding with OP and everything...

OP's brother or whoever, has a DC2R and VTEC comes on only at 5900rpm... he's asking if there is something wrong...

OP himself has an EK with a B18 of some sort which has 2 butterflys... OP thinks his B18 is a Type-R B18 as it came out of a 98spec R... Maybe original 98spec R owner put in a VTIR B18 into it for some reason... but that's irrelevant. OP probably doesn't have a R motor like what everyone else said...

To answer the DC2R question owned by the OP's brother... there is nothing wrong with his DC2R and the motor... VTEC in a B18C7 will come on at 5700rpm and continue through to redline... that's it.

Talking about your own B18 in your EK has nothing to do with your brother's B18 in his DC2R as they're obviously different B18 motors.
    Goodwork everything was so unrelated.

B18C7 vtec is 5700, although it will appear to be 5800-5900 on your cluster purely because the cluster is not extremely accurate and you can't tell 100-200rpm on full throttle. Considering the engagement is done in 1/10 of a second.

Also there is sometimes where vtec won't come on anyway (to avoid engine damage), because of cold starts when not at normal op temp.
    just make sure the car is warmed up (oil temp is stable/water temp) as long as your car isn't running in startup mode [sitting just tiny bit left of the C on temp gauge], with full throttle it will engage around 5800 on your cluster. Apparently you can kinda still be in it when half throttle but to this extent i don't know really. Could just be high rpm so car is loud.

If you have a vafc its a little more accurate than the cluster, it will show a more true rpm. All this is just from own experience, there is something i missed out too but forgotten at this point in time.

Member Array
    Car:
    17 HR-V VTi-S
    how do u know when there is vtec anyway? does the car go louder or faster or something ??? ><

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRice View Post
    how do u know when there is vtec anyway? does the car go louder or faster or something ??? ><
    EPIC!! i have lost count on how many times i have seen this been asked on the online HONDA forums. lol

lol ive never heard of a HONDA silly car (celica) before?

Quote Originally Posted by kairi_k View Post
    EPIC!! i have lost count on how many times i have seen this been asked on the online HONDA forums. lol

lol ive never heard of a HONDA silly car (celica) before?
    ROFL

thats what my gf calls it, silly car

Member Array
    Car:
    civic EK9
    Thanks to everyone for their comments and very helpful info, I do apologise for my silly comments on some of you. I've been told and done some research on honda type r and vtir and i guess you are "CORRECT" which it is a good thing....

i lold @ knowing your engine inside and out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ep3 ctr

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    this is my old car / engine is it?

assuming its your brothers car.

did you get it working?
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by votek View Post
    this is my old car / engine is it?

assuming its your brothers car.

did you get it working?
    dude... its been 2 YEARS now... you'd think he's figured it out by now!