Lightbulb DIY: SPOON CF Replica MIRROR Installation on DC2

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Parked my car overnight in Northbridge and someone had broken my passenger side mirror. Obviously someone kicked it coz it had scuff marks and the mirror was on the pavement side. Freakin drunkards... Here's a picture:

Rang up Honda North to get an OEM replacement, and they quoted me $445 just for the passenger side mirror!!... Time to get Spoon carbon fibre replica power mirrors...

Step 1: Remove the following screws..

Step 2: Loosen up the door trimming. (Give it a sharp tug. the bolts should come out).

Step 3: Use a screwdriver to yank out this cover. You should see a white plug and 3 nuts.

Step 4: Remove that plug

Step 5: Use an 8mm socket or wrench to remove the 3 nuts

Step 6: Press the top & bottom clip to remove the side mirror. An extra hand will come in handy

Step 7: Voila! Mirror removed.

Step 8: Remove the rubber lining from the OEM mirror and fit that onto the Spoon mirror

Step 9: Using 3 screws, fit the Spoon mirror onto car, following Steps 3,2,1, put everything back in place. You're done! Here's the end product

This is a power mirror which came with the necessary wiring but doesnt have a proper manual for the electrics. I have decided to leave it as it is, but at least i know i've still got the option to connect it to my OEM side mirror switch.

Review: Perfect fitment! The mirror looks great and weighs really light too! However, the housing for the mirror is facing down just that wincy bit. Thus, i can barely see above the ground even after I push the mirror as far up as i can! Any fellow Spoon mirror users facing the same problem? Please lemme know!
    Last edited by fabian0; 18-09-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    you dont have to remove or loosen the door trim pushing the triangle plastic from the top with a flathead will work.

Quote Originally Posted by SuiJin View Post
    you dont have to remove or loosen the door trim pushing the triangle plastic from the top with a flathead will work.
    well i did that because i attempted to connect the wires at first, but dropped that idea after that. if you noticed in the photo, my door trimming was still on when i took out that triangle. you will eventually need to loosen up that top corner bit to hide away the plugs/wirings anyway.

just an optional step if that triangle cover wont budge.
    Last edited by fabian0; 18-09-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    Not quite should be okay to tuck without doing that

did u by any chance had spoon mirrors on ur car before? any issues with the horizon vision?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Passenger side mirror vision isn't 100%, but the blue mirror is awesome, and they are much bigger!
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5
    how much did your spoon recplica side mirrors cost?
    was it around the same price quoted by Honda?

Quote Originally Posted by aznalex View Post
    how much did your spoon recplica side mirrors cost?
    was it around the same price quoted by Honda?
    Hondas dont sell the mirrors;
    And you can get them for dirt cheap @ JDMyard (check traders section).
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

yup vision is terrible on the spoon mirrors. just bling factor