Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Tested the plug wires (green and red) on TPS when plugged in and turned the ignition to second click. No voltage reading. Can this be the TPS is gone?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    If it was U would have know it I'm sure.I mean I haven't experienced a faulty tps but I'm sure U will know if it was buggered.

I think U haven't probed the wires properly..

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Yes with no reading the TPS is gone! I got the new TPS... I calibrated it to 4.5V at WOT with a reading of 0.85V at CT (and I took TS screw off) best setting I could get. When I adjust the TS screw up, it makes the CT reading of 0.85V going higher. I adjust the TS screw down to the lowest point and I only get 0.85V. How can the CT be calibrated to get <0.85V?

Engine: Stock TB & JDM B18C
    Last edited by zropts; 28-09-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    So the tps was gone? Was the car acting funny/different?

At WOT does the throttle rotor contact the contact plate? (i.e. as far as it can go?)

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Yes the TPS was gone thus no voltage reading last time. The car feels a little bit more responsive but the car still jerks. I guess I got 1 part of the problem fixed but not the complete problem.

Yes at WOT, the throttle plate touches the contact plate. Throttle cable set firm.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Gotcha!

So,at CT is there any load/tension in the accelerator cable? (shoulda asked that before..) There should be none.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    No load or tension when at CT.

I set my TPS now on CT at about 0.53V and WOT at 4.17V. This is the best reading I could get within the range in the 98-01 Teg manual.

As before I can get WOT at 4.5V but CT will be 0.85V which the voltage cannot be adjusted down due to the TS screw. The TS screw can only adjust the voltage 'UP'.

I can also achieve CT at 0.48V but then WOT is at roughly 3.86V therefore I cannot adjust WOT voltage up.
    Last edited by zropts; 29-09-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Something is not right..

The range needs to be increased.

Your car isn't an automatic is it?

Hmmmm

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    No, its Manual.

Also adjusting the tension on the cable does not affect any (CT & WOT) voltage readings.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cool cool.

U can file down the throttle rotor,this will increase the range.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...age-on-the-TPS

But 1st,I would take the TB off and make sure the throttle plate is opening 100% (and closing completely too,but this should be fine if the idle is fine).Hopefully it's not opening 100% and U can file down the rotor and get that range need back.

Like this:

When your CT is set the range is 0.64V short.

When your WOT is set the range is 0.37V short.

Hrmmmmmm...sounds like a cable tension problem..

I would check what I said above I reckon if U cant see anything else that could be causing this problem..

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    When i first did this, i didnt get a voltage reading, the pins werent shoved far enough into the tps. Tps might have not have failed on you. At first i thought i had the pins far enough and i wasnt getting any readings so i kinda moved the pin around and could push it in another 1.5cm or so and i got readings.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1 Civic View Post
    When i first did this, i didnt get a voltage reading, the pins werent shoved far enough into the tps. Tps might have not have failed on you. At first i thought i had the pins far enough and i wasnt getting any readings so i kinda moved the pin around and could push it in another 1.5cm or so and i got readings.
    I didn't use pins... instead I cut the wires properly... lol... and then masked them up again. I got shi**y when I couldn't get a reading first by using pins so I just cut them and still no reading. Thats when I knew my TPS was gone!