Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    try to adjust for WOT first then tweak for a closed throttle

if you check a few posts back of mine I actually list a range, just as long as you're between there you should be right
    Thanks for the reply,

I've done that too tried to set it at 4.5v on full throttle and close throttle was 0.02v started car ECL came which was again code 7 TPS so just put it back to 0.50v unless I've got another faulty TPS.

IACV valve has been replaced and cleaned I've disconnected this while car started and revs dropped does this mean it's working fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    how are you adjusting the tps for CT?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cheers Vin!

Just make sure that little plastic doova is between the 2 metal bits too when U put the sensor on..(it's in the DIY) cause it can be easy to miss..

Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    how are you adjusting the tps for CT?
    am doing that from throttle screw for C/T 0.50v and doing 4.5v on open throttle

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Cheers Vin!

Just make sure that little plastic doova is between the 2 metal bits too when U put the sensor on..(it's in the DIY) cause it can be easy to miss..
    I will double check this just to make sure

Beeza just like to say you got some top guides been threw most of them keep them coming mate

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks mate,appreciate that

Thanks mate,appreciate that
    You most welcome mate

Another thing I wanted to ask when setting full throttle 4.5v does it have to be opened fully with pedal on the floor

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    U can set it in the engine bay holding the tb at WOT.

The pedal dosen't need to be on the floor,the tb just needs to be opening 100%.So from closed properly to 100% open.If these things are done first,it will make getting the voltages far easier/do-able.Also U know everything is mechanically at it's best/like it can from the factory.

When U put your foot down,the rotor makes contact on the tb.If the accelerator cable is clean and tensioned properly,U should be able to feel the click of the rotor when it hits the tb at WOT.

This is a great thing,cause it's real easy to feel when your at WOT and U therefore U dont feel the need to push your foot through the floor.

I find on my car I need to spray WD-40 every now and then on the cable/rotor/spring on the tb to keep that feeling there as it gets grimey and that feeling is lost.

Once U get the voltages,then U can play around with the cable tension to get the right feel..just making sure the voltages haven't changed when ya done!

U can set it in the engine bay holding the tb at WOT.

The pedal dosen't need to be on the floor,the tb just needs to be opening 100%.So from closed properly to 100% open.If these things are done first,it will make getting the voltages far easier/do-able.Also U know everything is mechanically at it's best/like it can from the factory.

When U put your foot down,the rotor makes contact on the tb.If the accelerator cable is clean and tensioned properly,U should be able to feel the click of the rotor when it hits the tb at WOT.

This is a great thing,cause it's real easy to feel when your at WOT and U therefore U dont feel the need to push your foot through the floor.

I find on my car I need to spray WD-40 every now and then on the cable/rotor/spring on the tb to keep that feeling there as it gets grimey and that feeling is lost.

Once U get the voltages,then U can play around with the cable tension to get the right feel..just making sure the voltages haven't changed when ya done!

Thanks for the reply Beeza, I took off TPS to make sure that plastic doova is in 2 metal bits and rechecked V again I was still getting full throttle 5.41v, once it's on 5.41 I can not adjust TPS down any more (this is with pedal right to the floor) I will try above mate see how I get on.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Frustrating without the car...just keep at it mate,U will find the problem soon enough.

Maybe a cable tension issue?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '96 Gli
    Hey Beeza, I'm not sure if you mentioned this (or have tried this) but I found that the easiest way to remove the TPS was to cut a line in the screw. I started it with the angle grinder and the thinnest disc I own, and after that the hacksaw would bite properly and not just jump around. When the groove was deep enough, they unscrewed so easily with . I guess JohnL was right when he suggested that. I've got a few pics if you want to adjust your DIY.

Btw, they were done almost well enought that I'd almost consider putting them back in, instead of replacing...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    The values i got with throttle closed is 0.49v and wide open throttle is 4.54v, are these values worth changing? or should i just leave it?

thanks