Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Just done this as I have been having partial throttle problems on the highway. Like a bloody noob though I forgot to check the voltage before. Will be going for a run later so fingers crossed. Only got 4.49 WOT though, couldn't be bothered after 4 trys to get closer!, CT is spot on though

BY THE WAY: My b16 TPS was not rivited on (much to my dissapointment ) it was afixed by two 6 point star fastners, luckily I had the right bit for my mulittool

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Oh sweet that makes it easier!

So it's under by 0.01,so the TS screw can be screwed out so at CT it reads 0.47.Then recalibrate it to 0.48 and WOT should be 4.5.

Great to hear!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4 VTiR
    Did this DIY on Saturday,

Worked great, Have heaps better throttle control and better gear changes because the RPM match's correctly.

I did a before check on the voltage, it was CT:0.50 WOT:4.6 so it was a bit out. My idle is now a bit high around 1k RPM even after changing the idle screw. I might have to adjust the throttle cable again and redo it, should be alright after this.

But in any case after doing this DIY the car is more responsive, feels faster and get better gear changes because of rev matching being more accurate.

Also something you might want to add to bleed the air from the coolant. It's a bit different on each engine even on the b's. ie mine B16A2 you don't actually have a bleed valve so you need to just open the radiator cap and turn the car on until the fan comes on twice. Did the trick for me.
    Last edited by EK4 Phil; 18-01-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Awesome Phil,great to hear mate!

I was getting a spare y4 IM and TB ready for this yesterday and the tps wasn't riveted on either,go figure.Some are,some aren't...

I dare the TB cable will need to be loosened a touch like U said to get the idle at 800-900rpm.Then re-check the voltages again.

I know it can be fidley getting the voltages spot on but do it,it's worth it.

Bleeding air from the coolant is a good little trick to do every now and then but it dosen't relate to this DIY though.But well worth doing!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4 VTiR
    Ah I forgot to say in regards to the bleeding air from the coolant, I had to do it because you undo a few coolant hoses from the TB and IACV and I had some air in mine so it caused a bouncing idle after it was warm and a bit of driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ah YES!

Offcoarse offcoarse!!

Thank U,I will add it in

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Done!

Thanks again Phil for that mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    just wondering did this make a difference with a tuned ECU?
    or has the tuned ECU already taken into account of the incorrect values already on your TPS?

I might just mark mine & put it back to normal after a clean, cos i think the car would be tuned for whatever the setting is now.

Quote Originally Posted by B16 View Post
    Just done this as I have been having partial throttle problems on the highway. Like a bloody noob though I forgot to check the voltage before. Will be going for a run later so fingers crossed. Only got 4.49 WOT though, couldn't be bothered after 4 trys to get closer!, CT is spot on though

BY THE WAY: My b16 TPS was not rivited on (much to my dissapointment ) it was afixed by two 6 point star fastners, luckily I had the right bit for my mulittool
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    weird i got it all spot on 0.48v at ct and 4.5v at wot
    now the throttle plate is too open and it holds it at 2krpm

thought i might add i have an aftermarket throttle body, had to adjust it out to about 0.32v until it would idle without being affected by the open butterfly

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    if there are screws holding it in place - can u just take it off without having to take the TB and all that off as well?

also would it be easier/more beneficial to just buy a new one? for example i think blox make one
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    ^ you talking about the tps?
    if it already has screws then you can just loosen, adjust, tighten

and just an fyi for everyone
    0.44-0.56v on CT is within range
    4.14-4.82v on WOT is within range
    according to the 98-01 teg manual

i ended up with 0.5v on CT and 4.72v on WOT on my 65mm tb from professional products 0.48/4.5v config didn't quite work out for me

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    weird i got it all spot on 0.48v at ct and 4.5v at wot
    now the throttle plate is too open and it holds it at 2krpm

thought i might add i have an aftermarket throttle body, had to adjust it out to about 0.32v until it would idle without being affected by the open butterfly
    The butterfly should be closed at idle.

When ya adjusted it out to 0.32v,did you do that via the throttle stop screw or the tps?

I assume ya tried bringing the idle down via the idle screw?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    if there are screws holding it in place - can u just take it off without having to take the TB and all that off as well?

also would it be easier/more beneficial to just buy a new one? for example i think blox make one
    If it already has screws in it,you can skip the first part of the DIY and go straight to setting the voltages.No need to remove it and no need to replace it if it ain't faulty.This DIY is to calibrate the voltages as they go out over time.

I would certainly recommend taking it off and cleaning it up though.