Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how to get same hieght from stock shocks onto coilovers

rebump

just to clarify, im putting coilvers in now instead of the koni yellows, and i want the same hieght at the front

do i just measure, on the stock shocks, the bottom of the shock, to where the spring sits

and measure that distance, and then measure out that distance on my coilovers? (from bottom to bottom where the spring sits)

// old thread //

see how the shocks are adj by 5 perks, and it sits in the middle when its normal, is that the same hieght it would be for stock aswell

i don't want to lower the front nemore, i want it to be the same hieght as it was on my stock shocks, just wanna adjust the rear only to lower.
    Last edited by MWAKU; 12-11-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yes,with stock springs & perches,the middle circlip position on the shock body usually will be stock height.
    if your changing springs at same time,then u will have to work out the height diff between springs u have on atm.

atm i have pedders in my stock shocks, and gunna move em into my koni, so i just have o leave the perch in the middle rite?

how do adjust the perch for the rear anyway? :S do you just pull the circle thing out and move it down or is there something specific?

also is there DIY or something with pictures of how to assemble and install them?

ive had a look at afew, but they are either too vague or pictures dont work

did u look at my one in the DIY section? essentally the same thing. Yellows are great

ooh nah haven't seen that yet, will look for it now cheers

* ok had a look good read, but um, whats the thing where u have to adjust your headlight? never knew about that? should i be adjusting my headlights higher aswell since im lowered about 2 inches or so?
    Last edited by MWAKU; 20-09-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yes,just move the circlip to a lower groove to lower the height,there usually only like a 15-25mm drop range on the yellows.
    middle groove will prob be how u will receive the shock,they should work out to give the same height as stock shock,using the same springs on both,but just check anyway by measuring from bottom mount bolt on shock to bottom spring perch & comparing heights,will save u having to do it all twice.

sweet thats a good idea LOL! yea its about 1.5cm difference between middle and the last one, but thats a big difference since im already scraping, dun wanna go any lower at the front.

re headlights, its no big deal.. but hypothetically, if ur car is lowered 2 inches, then ur light beam will also be lowered 2 inches. so if u want the distance u had before, just re-adjust it up so u can see further up ahead. good luck

rebump

just to clarify, im putting coilvers in now instead of the koni yellows, and i want the same hieght at the front

do i just measure, on the stock shocks, the bottom of the shock, to where the spring sits

and measure that distance, and then measure out that distance on my coilovers? (from bottom to bottom where the spring sits)

anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    i gots no idea. but i'm interseted to buy the konis off you if they for ek =P

~King Of Spam~