Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    Hey all,
    I just got my T1R spacers installed yesterday! IT’S THE BEST! Smooth as now, Got my mechanic to install as they were so dam tight and the driver’s side is harder as the exhaust runs past there. They are in half so makes it heaps easier to install.

I got them for JDM YARD for about $195 including postage these guys rock!

EK4R they are designed to make the CV sit where it should, if your S2K is lowered it moves the spider further out the cup (CV talk) and can cause premature wear, the spacers move it back in to where it is ment to be.

I have been chasing a vibration problem for a while no as per thread “VIBRATION NOTED AT TRACK DAY” swapped cups around worked a little bit but the T1R spacers Rock! I highly recommended this if anyone has a vibration and or is lowered they worked for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Bahhh should of shopped around. haha... oh well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 Honda CRX
    I've got my S2K dropped on Eichbach springs. I'd say it's 2 inches lower than stock.
    It's been like this for 1.5 years with no vibrations at all, should I get a pair anyway?

This is the first I've heard about the importance of spacers when lowering a car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '00 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXONE View Post
    I've got my S2K dropped on Eichbach springs. I'd say it's 2 inches lower than stock.
    It's been like this for 1.5 years with no vibrations at all, should I get a pair anyway?

This is the first I've heard about the importance of spacers when lowering a car.
    Just get some once you do start vibrating. No point in getting them now, coz all they do is shim the shaft a little further so it rubs somewhere else.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 Honda CRX
    But surely these would be best fit as soon as possible after lowing so it's even wear?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '00 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXONE View Post
    But surely these would be best fit as soon as possible after lowing so it's even wear?
    http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=490050

Read that thread. Its long.

The general consensus is that once the vibrations start (that particular area in the cv bucket is worn), get the spacers because it will move the friction point to a place that is not worn, thus the vibrations will be gone. Otherwise don't.

If you put them on before that means you will be wearing out the new position before the old ones are worn out. In the end, it will start to vibrate with the spacers on as well and you will have to get new cv buckets. The spacers just seem to increase the life of them.

That's the understanding/impression that I got from that thread.
    Last edited by render.; 29-09-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Hey,

I just got my T1R spacers today, just wondering when installing with the nuts and bolts, do they need to be thread-locked i.e those sort of sealant/cream u put on the bolt's thread so they don't come lose?

Or just tightened the crap out of them is enough?

^^ yeah I just tighten them with no sealant/cream or lube used, but you could use it if you want.. I see no harm.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    i need a set too.

troys2000 are the ones you have the race spec ones? if so ill be heading there 2moro to get a set
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    GOT MY NEW TOYS FROM JP!!!!!

Hijacking my own thread here...

NOW just waiting my wheels to come.... hehehehe 2 more weeks...

Member Array
    Car:
    red ap1
    i want those neos!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    love those nuts, what wheels they gonna be with?~
    What a Three Seventy Z!