Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan

$8,000 ED Civic !

Found this gem in carsales.com. Wonder how good it really is from the lack of driving it's had over the last 18 years ????? Interior pics look immaculate and if it has been regularly serviced it may be OK mechanically wise, but not sure if it is really worth $8,000. Any thoughts ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=122ECD34EA23

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    well.....38000km on a 18 years old car....

but i think it is way too much....

no offence~ as i discover eg on 80000km is around $7000

If i had the money, i'd buy it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    looks very very tidy !

noticed the kms meters doesnt line up properly...many may argue that there's a possibility its been wind back? but some say numbers are not meant to line up perfectly as well? thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by STTICH View Post
    looks very very tidy !

noticed the kms meters doesnt line up properly...many may argue that there's a possibility its been wind back? but some say numbers are not meant to line up perfectly as well? thoughts?
    I've seen ours go from 90,000 k's when we bought it to 301,000 9 years later so with a bit of experience I think what we see here is that the numbers are jostling in readyness to hit 40,000. Though these ED's are pretty good rugged reliable car, it still is 18 years old and $8,000 seems a bit over the top, maybe $5,000 to $6,000 is closer to the mark ????

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    If it was a EF I'd be more excited, sure its low K's and could probably belong in a museum but come on.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    i think if its going into 40,000 numbers would only start go out of line around, 39,xxxkms. atm its on 38xxx and 5 of the digits dont match. :s

saying that, like i've mentioned, many says number are not meant to line up.

$8000 is abit much i reckon, even for its low milage.

i used to have an EF crx, very reliable car

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    i dunno man 8k for a 91 model no offense to anyone but thats about ridiculous but damn its clean as
    i would say.. 1000 to 3,000 for it, well thats my offer i would give for it
    Last edited by MrJohn; 23-09-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Quote Originally Posted by STTICH View Post
    looks very very tidy !

Mine never really lined up properly, hmm.

1-3k? Beaters go for 2k. I checked one out today for 850$, looked clean in the sale pics, but there wasn't one panel or corner without rust festering out of it. It also had a tonne of positive camber on the drivers wheel and a pillar made of bog. lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    a pillar made of bog. lol.
    Sure it wasn't an AH?

Or was mine just doing well?
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

ED Civic

It certainly is a neat and tidy car. However, finding someone prepared to pay the asking price is another matter. Whilst the owner might feel it's worth $8000 you have to find someone who's equally prepared to part with that amount of $$$, especially when you consider other cars you could buy for a similar amount that would be more advanced technically, provide more creature comforts, and be easier to service (eg. EFI, 4 wheel discs, etc). And don't forget when the next owner goes to sell they have the same problem all over again, with the additional concerns of adding more 'realistic' kilometres on it. So you might find someone buy it and then just garage it. Anything else would result in rapid depreciation. Be interesting to see if it sells!

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 eh9
    overprice...its old