Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost car keys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1

Lost car keys

I haven't driven my civic for about a week. Now I need to use it, but I've somehow misplaced the keys. The car is sitting outside the house, so one would think it's somewhere in the house, however I do remember taking the car keys out of the house to take something out of the civic and then driving another car out. I'm not sure whether it was at that time that it has been misplaced.

There was no spare key when I bought the car privately.

What do I do if the keys are really lost? I urgently need advice as I need to go out.

Thanks

mate had same situation as you, he called honda they said it will cost $1000+ or $1000 not sure of the price, but maybe other places could do something.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have other thoughts?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Lol I was just reading this, and was wondering where my civic keys were.
    Hesitated then found them under my table lol.

I guess you could keep trying, and cover the entire house inside and outside.
    Check the other car that you drove out.
    Have a look inside the EM1 from the outside to see if you can spot them.
    Sell your car with no keys. Haha

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by novastorm View Post
    I haven't driven my civic for about a week. Now I need to use it, but I've somehow misplaced the keys. The car is sitting outside the house, so one would think it's somewhere in the house, however I do remember taking the car keys out of the house to take something out of the civic and then driving another car out. I'm not sure whether it was at that time that it has been misplaced.

There was no spare key when I bought the car privately.

What do I do if the keys are really lost? I urgently need advice as I need to go out.

Thanks
    Here's the lesson of the day: You should've copied it knowing u didnt have a spare. Hopefully u will learn from ur mistake and it'll never happen again.

Thats my 0.02

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    that suks man but ill put anything on if u call honda n get them 2 fix it in the nxt 2 weeks or so ull find the key

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Here's the lesson of the day: You should've copied it knowing u didnt have a spare. Hopefully u will learn from ur mistake and it'll never happen again.

Thats my 0.02
    Despite the negative post, my advice is to call honda. I'm sure it will be cheaper than the infamous 'red key' system on the '96-'98 ek/ej civic.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 eh9
    damn the has got to suck.
    best bet is search hard!
    or ring honda

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    correct me if im wrong. but i think RACQ offers a service where they can unlock your car for you? they'll come with some magic and open the car for you.

useful for people who lock themselves out. but still doesnt solve ur missing key lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    dude call a locksmith,

they will program and cut you a key,
    the red key cannot start your engine, the red key can only open your door and dis-engage the immobiliser.
    a locksmith will charge you approxmately 300-500 and 80 for every extra key.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    if you have an EM1, you dont need the red key ( EM1 usees Immo V2 non red key system )

get a new OEM Honda Key and have a lock smith match the pattern to the car lock and then Honda can program it.

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    Have u found ur key yet?
    I suggest to lock the wheels until you find the key.
    Just in case some stranger found ur key outside the house.

When you find your key, take it to mister minit. They can give you a key + copy your original key for less than $100.