97 Prelude Weatherstrips

Hi,

Does anyone know a supplier or seller in Australia that sells the prelude Weatherstrip on the exterior window?

As many owners know, the black fades and chips away, leaving a chrome finish.

The dealers charge almost 80bucks per side

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Lude, DA9 Teg
    I got the same problem The cheapest way out is of course to sand off the black off and get them painted. Or wait till ALL the rubber falls off and go for the chrome look....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 VTi-R Prelude
    Dealers actually charge closer to $150 per side...

I'm skeptical that you'd find non-genuine ones as lets face it, it's a Prelude not a Commodore.

Hey Amperage do you have the part # for the weatherstrips?

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    72410-S30-003 MOLDING ASSY., R. FR. DOOR
    72450-S30-003 MOLDING ASSY., L. FR. DOOR

US$136.11 = AU$150 = $75 a piece delivered from the US.

Was a howto on PreludeAustralia. Part numbers are the same, so no issues there. Also trim around the rear window though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 VTi-R Prelude
    safetycar, that's all very well and good but where exactly do you source them from? Can you provide us with a link?

The trims were, off the top of my head, ~$136 ea from a Honda dealership in Aus. If you've got a trade account with Honda then they do come down in price considerably but they are still by no means cheap for what they are.

The trim around the opera window comes in a kit with the glass. I'm pretty certain it is not available separately.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/home.jsp
    There are others, some don't ship outside of the US though. All have roughly the same prices anyway.

Would explain why I couldn't find a part number for the rear trim then. Pretty sure all mine are still fine anyway. Guess it is more about exposure than age since mine is a '96.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    Quote Originally Posted by deanthom View Post
    I got the same problem The cheapest way out is of course to sand off the black off and get them painted. Or wait till ALL the rubber falls off and go for the chrome look....
    have you got a photo of a prelude with the chrome look, so i can see?
    ACTIVE TORQUE TRANSFER SYSTEM