Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    '99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    ...so dont turn this into a biatching session please.
    I don't think anyone did
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

A UK road test timed the VTI-R hatch at 7.7 sec to 60 mph. Their fuel is a bit better than ours so I suppose mid 8's is realistic..

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    APEXi on this forum has an RSM!!!
    but he's civic is sedan!! but he has full exhaust!!! kekeke

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EM1
    also 100km/h = 62mph or something like that, not 60, soo probably makes some time difference?

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by greecegun
    A UK road test timed the VTI-R hatch at 7.7 sec to 60 mph. Their fuel is a bit better than ours so I suppose mid 8's is realistic..
    Ummm - they're fuel is about the same as ours. Japans is a lot better.

In the UK the EE8 and EE9 B16As were dropped to 150bhp as they didn't run knock sensors and the UK and Europe had inferior fuel.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    Quote Originally Posted by greecegun

In the UK the EE8 and EE9 B16As were dropped to 150bhp as they didn't run knock sensors and the UK and Europe had inferior fuel.
    ....lol....wouldn't have thought we'd see that sorta schoolboy slip up from an English teacher..... :twisted:

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Dunno if i can help here... Well, i got an RSM and best time i've done in my stocky CTR is 7.1 sec. This was launching at about 5000 on sum pretty bald tyres. I wonder if it can get under 7... :lol:

The EK4's time on paper is about 8 seconds, rite???
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

whats the 0-400m time on a stock or mildly modded civic vtir?

Quote Originally Posted by sui
    whats the 0-400m time on a stock or mildly modded civic vtir?
    random guess, close to 16 :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    15.3 for a SiR without accessories and running the LSD option. The road going "fat" option is good for 15.6 - take the VTiR from there as it weighs more.

The Yanks will tell you the coupe will do 15s in stock form - go figure whether it's believable or not

Really? I supsect theirs is still better than ours, if not as good as Japan's. I have been reading UK as well as Oz car rags for years.

Why else do identical models in the Uk get consistently better accelaration times? It has been like this for years. Australia probably has the worst fuel quality of any develped nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    15.3 for a SiR without accessories and running the LSD option. The road going "fat" option is good for 15.6 - take the VTiR from there as it weighs more.

The Yanks will tell you the coupe will do 15s in stock form - go figure whether it's believable or not
    From what I know, the 'official' 0-100km/h for the VTi-R is 7.6-7.8 sec.

I have a clip of an american Si doing 15.2 for the 0-400m run. I believe it has a CAI/exhaust.