Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's not a reverse thread, lefty loosey.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    I have had a similar problem although I found the bolt loose after I hear some horrible noises in the engine bay. A new pulley was only done a few weeks ago and it came back with a wobbly pulley, I'm in the process of seeking legal action with the mechanics as they've not wanted to know about the whole thing.

My keyway on the crank is fine and it still measures stock sizes at the end of the crank and the thread on the hole and bolt seem fine seeing as I turned it off after about 10 seconds, so does this mean it should be alright with a new pulley and keyway?

I'm piecing together what they did but all I can think of is either a loose bolt or re-using the keyway as they got a new one and the part they used looks awfully old. The car did whine also when I got it back and the belts were tight indicating they overdid accessory belts, could a tight timing belt or balancer belt cause this?

Reusing the old key and or crank bolt can do this.

IE if it was torqued to original spec it still could of came loose.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    Crank bolt was definitely changed along with pulley but the metal of the keyway just looks old and tarnished to me (may be like this from being jammed and getting hot)

Will find out when I order a new one if its a different price I guess and see how different it looks.

But do you guys think I will be alright? really don't want a re-occuring problem.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R

the keyway looks a little messed but it looks better in person, the old keyway fits snug considering its damaged so I will have to see how the new one fits.