Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by bono View Post
    I bought the previous 40th Anniverssary Edition. Maybe should have waited for the Limited Edition. It seems you get more for the same price. You can also get leather trim with this model. However, not a big fan of the front lower chrome trim. A little too bling for me I think. I've owned the Accord for 9 months and 10,000km now. So far I've experienced with the car,

1. Annoying rattling from rear parcel shelf. Took to dealer but not fixed successfully. Went to Clark rubbber and bought a strip of 1/2 inch thick rubber. Wedged it between the rear windscreen and edge of rer parcel. No more rattles.

2. Some minor rattling on the driver side door and rear left passenger door area. Not yet resolved yet.

3. Can smell the hot brake pad (most likely the rears) after stepping out of the car. Even without heavy braking and in cool weather.

4. Need to slam the rear boot a little harder than normal to close.

5. Boot is an odd shape so not as useful than expected.

6. Wiper blade action can be noisy. Either screech or thud sound.

7. Air conditioning turning on and off whilst idling is pretty noisy and vibration can be felt on the steering wheel. Very surprised for this sized engine.

8. Centre interior ceiling light blown after a month. A nightmare to remove the cover to replace.

9. Shifting gears from park-reverse-drive can sometimes be pretty clunky.

10. The low fuel warning light goes on when you only have approx. 5-6 litres of fuel left in the tank. This is too late if the nearest fuel stop is 100kms away. A trip computer would have been good.

Excellent Post. Also owner of the 40th anniversary. Am at ~11k and have owned the car for a little over a year.

The car has been great. Main concerns are issues with squeaky brakes. See the thread here about the ongoing break issue. A few internal rattles from the center console, yet to be solved. Wiper blades are odd, can be noisy and poor. Aircon seems to 'struggle'. Quite loud and vibrations are strongly felt at idle. Boot is a strange shape. I find the light steering very annoying. Four cylinder feels underpowered in the middle of the rev range. Otherwise, it's pretty competent for daily driving. Make sure if you opt for any options, change or upgrade the cloth trim. Everything will stick to it despite being comfy.

Other than that, these are my only faults with the car. Everything else is perfect.
    Last edited by Shpox; 31-10-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpox View Post
    Excellent Post. Also owner of the 40th anniversary. Am at ~11k and have owned the car for a little over a year.

The car has been great. Main concerns are issues with squeaky brakes. See the thread here about the ongoing break issue. A few internal rattles from the center console, yet to be solved. Wiper blades are odd, can be noisy and poor. Aircon seems to 'struggle'. Quite loud and vibrations are strongly felt at idle. Boot is a strange shape. I find the light steering very annoying. Four cylinder feels underpowered in the middle of the rev range. Otherwise, it's pretty competent for daily driving. Make sure if you opt for any options, change or upgrade the cloth trim. Everything will stick to it despite being comfy.

Other than that, these are my only faults with the car. Everything else is perfect.
    never even opt for leather upgrade on base model guys, side airbag may not be covered by Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    So I ran my current car down, down, down well past the stage where normally I would have just filled up. I got at least another 100+km of city driving out of it! Now I hit at least 550km to the tank instead of 400-450. So thanks for the inspiration... instead of "thinking" that my car has pretty crap fuel economy, I know that it's actually pretty decent.

True story
    Um, you don't have to go to that extent to determine fuel economy without a trip computer (and total range of your tank). All you do is this:

1) Fill tank up till full
    2) Reset trip meter
    3) Drive as you normally would, until the low fuel light comes on
    4) Refill fuel tank till full, taking note of how many litres of fuel it takes to fill
    5) Take the (number of litres), and divide it by the ((reading on the trip meter) divided by (100)), to get your average fuel economy.

So if, for example, you travelled 400 km until the low fuel light came on, and it took 58 litres to refill your tank completely, you would take 58 and divide it by 4 (400/100), giving you 14.5L / 100km.

Doing this is just as accurate as running the tank till empty, and more accurate than an actual trip computer.

In order to determine your total tank range, you simply extrapolate. For example, using the information above, assuming your tank is 65L, you divide 65 by 58, and multiply that by 400km, giving you a total range of 448km.

I would not recommend relying on a one time reading/calculation, without a trip computer, though. The reason being is that your total range is going to vary depending on a number of factors each time. Only with a real trip computer can you be sure of how much range you have left (and even then, I wouldn't rely completely on it!).
    Last edited by hondaboi; 31-12-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    True. But also it is good to know so that if ever you do get stuck, you know how far the gauge is going to go before you completely get run out.