Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model

Brand new Honda Accord limited edition for 34990

Hi guys,

If anyone on the market for brand new accord, just found out from Honda Australia site, the accord limited edition for 34990 drive away

http://offers.honda.com.au/offers_de...iew=21&model=1

Thanks

Anyone bought this limited edition?

Quote Originally Posted by rojak1 View Post
    Anyone bought this limited edition?
    took delivery of this new car today, a bit disappointed with all the dust in the edges, oil on center console, duct tape residual on white paint, dust and small chunck of rubbish on both driver and passenger seats. the rest is good atm, no scratches discovered as yet, no zebra paint, no rattling so far, electronic works ok, still haven't tested bluetooth, cd changer and wiper, gearbox a bit nervous probably because its new.

Drove 30km back, its officially a used car now.
    Last edited by rojak1; 19-09-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by rojak1 View Post
    took delivery of this new car today, a bit disappointed with all the dust in the edges, oil on center console, duct tape residual on white paint, dust and small chunck of rubbish on both driver and passenger seats. the rest is good atm, no scratches discovered as yet, no zebra paint, no rattling so far, electronic works ok, still haven't tested bluetooth, cd changer and wiper, gearbox a bit nervous probably because its new.

Drove 30km back, its officially a used car now.
    Mate sounds like it wasn't detailed properly, would definitely complain! A few years ago I did detailing part-time for a dealership with new Fords and Mercedes (over the road but same owner), we literally spent at least 2 hours from top to toe ensuring every spec was completely clean. Thorough wash and chamois, vacuum was my part of the job, then the other guys did the full detailing - glass, seals, tyres, engine bay, the works.

Sounds like it came straight off the truck to you or something...

hi troy,

i think it did came straight off the truck and the dealer coudn't stand my ignorant and was preparing the car really fast for me.

i just cleaned up the whole car after i got it, but to my surprise the control panel on the driver side (the one with window and central lock button) is loose, i can lift the whole panel up.

i am thinking of setting up a blog and record all the things from purchase to take delivery and to update what get fixed and what not, could be helpful.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    I would give them a call. Definitely a good idea to write everything down, if you can document with pictures that would be even better.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    I bought the previous 40th Anniverssary Edition. Maybe should have waited for the Limited Edition. It seems you get more for the same price. You can also get leather trim with this model. However, not a big fan of the front lower chrome trim. A little too bling for me I think. I've owned the Accord for 9 months and 10,000km now. So far I've experienced with the car,

1. Annoying rattling from rear parcel shelf. Took to dealer but not fixed successfully. Went to Clark rubbber and bought a strip of 1/2 inch thick rubber. Wedged it between the rear windscreen and edge of rer parcel. No more rattles.

2. Some minor rattling on the driver side door and rear left passenger door area. Not yet resolved yet.

3. Can smell the hot brake pad (most likely the rears) after stepping out of the car. Even without heavy braking and in cool weather.

4. Need to slam the rear boot a little harder than normal to close.

5. Boot is an odd shape so not as useful than expected.

6. Wiper blade action can be noisy. Either screech or thud sound.

7. Air conditioning turning on and off whilst idling is pretty noisy and vibration can be felt on the steering wheel. Very surprised for this sized engine.

8. Centre interior ceiling light blown after a month. A nightmare to remove the cover to replace.

9. Shifting gears from park-reverse-drive can sometimes be pretty clunky.

10. The low fuel warning light goes on when you only have approx. 5-6 litres of fuel left in the tank. This is too late if the nearest fuel stop is 100kms away. A trip computer would have been good.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by bono View Post
    10. The low fuel warning light goes on when you only have approx. 5-6 litres of fuel left in the tank. This is too late if the nearest fuel stop is 100kms away. A trip computer would have been good.
    I understand this is frustrating if it actually happened to you, but seriously this is pretty funny!

shocking turning circle

Member Array
    sounds like what you get in a commodore :S

I bought the previous 40th Anniverssary Edition. Maybe should have waited for the Limited Edition. It seems you get more for the same price. You can also get leather trim with this model. However, not a big fan of the front lower chrome trim. A
    You know you can look at the gauge before the light shows up?

On a more serious note, its a pretty poor limited edition, why not put leather in at least or something?
    1997 Prelude VTi-R

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Okay so apart from the fact this is funny and I laughed, it actually sobered me for a second to realise that I haven't tested out my car yet. Generally over the years as I've acquired a different car, I would run it down really low/out of fuel so I can get a feel of how many kay's with the guage down low, does the fuel light work etc... (often with a jerry can and/or very near to a servo).

So I ran my current car down, down, down well past the stage where normally I would have just filled up. I got at least another 100+km of city driving out of it! Now I hit at least 550km to the tank instead of 400-450. So thanks for the inspiration... instead of "thinking" that my car has pretty crap fuel economy, I know that it's actually pretty decent.

True story