Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda VT400

Hi SoxOz,

Thanks for the reply. As I said I am an older new rider, and yes the VT400 looks very sweet.

I notice here in NSW they are hard to find secon hand. Because of that I was looking at a Hyosung gv250 which is not as weighty as the Honda but I might be able to handle better.

Mind you, the Hyosung would be settling for seconds but it might be a way of learning better and then moving to the Honda. I really like the style of the Honda, it has the lower seat height and isnt a super powerful bike for an old bloke.

Because I am still on my auto license, I cant test ride it. I nwould just buy either the Hyosung or Honda, take it to the sisters place down south where she has a huge area and do all my practice there. I have been to HART and got a 1 hour lesson on a manual and could go around their track OK so I just need to practice myself.

Yes, I think if money wasnt an issue, the Honda would be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by zack9 View Post
    Hi SoxOz,

Thanks for the reply. As I said I am an older new rider, and yes the VT400 looks very sweet.

I notice here in NSW they are hard to find secon hand. Because of that I was looking at a Hyosung gv250 which is not as weighty as the Honda but I might be able to handle better.

Mind you, the Hyosung would be settling for seconds but it might be a way of learning better and then moving to the Honda. I really like the style of the Honda, it has the lower seat height and isnt a super powerful bike for an old bloke.

Because I am still on my auto license, I cant test ride it. I nwould just buy either the Hyosung or Honda, take it to the sisters place down south where she has a huge area and do all my practice there. I have been to HART and got a 1 hour lesson on a manual and could go around their track OK so I just need to practice myself.

Yes, I think if money wasnt an issue, the Honda would be my pick.
    ... LOL... Sorry but had to laugh, Old bloke at 48, really... I'm 60 and riding every minute I can...
    But the final choice is your, but just remember, it can sometimes be hard to sell 2nd hand 250cc bike and you could loose more than you think... Just saying...

These Honda Shadows are hard to beat... Just love it...

C.Ya...
    Wally....

2010 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2

Hi Sox,

Just wondering if you have been riding for long ?

By the way, that is a very lovely looking bike.

I take your point about the 250's and add to that that the Hyosungs are even harder to resell. That said, something like an xvs 650 would probably be too much power & scare the crap out of me. On various forums around the place, 250's are often recommended as good learner size bikes.

Still, I will keep buying those lotto tickets, maybe I can jag a few thousand to go Honda shopping with . My kids keep telling me I'm way over to be on 2 wheels (lol), but I still dont feel old and I've always wanted to ride a bike, just commuter stuff, just never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by zack9 View Post
    Hi Sox,
    Just wondering if you have been riding for long ?
    By the way, that is a very lovely looking bike.
    I take your point about the 250's and add to that that the Hyosungs are even harder to resell. That said, something like an xvs 650 would probably be too much power & scare the crap out of me. On various forums around the place, 250's are often recommended as good learner size bikes.
    Still, I will keep buying those lotto tickets, maybe I can jag a few thousand to go Honda shopping with . My kids keep telling me I'm way over to be on 2 wheels (lol), but I still dont feel old and I've always wanted to ride a bike, just commuter stuff, just never got around to it.
    I stated riding back in the 60's, an old Indian (which I wish I still had), BSA's, Matchless, then progressed to Jap bikes, Honda CB750, Kawasaki z900, z1 etc... Stopped riding in the late 70's, early 80's, and then started again around 2009.
    I bought my wife a Yamaha Virago 250 (which is one you should consider as they are priced well and sell easily), and thought I'd try riding it. Well after I had had knee surgery, and an angle replacement, riding crotch rockets where you had to tuck your feet up under your as$ was out of the question and thought that I'd try my wife's little cruiser. Well I got to riding the Yammy more than my wife did as I didn't have a problem with my knees, and finally she just said go out and get my own.
    Looked at all of them (Suzuki, Kawasaki Yamaha etc) and the Honda which just fitted me nicely, plus Honda was doing a great deal at the time for new ones so I grabbed one... Have never regretted it...

My wifes Yamaha Virago 250...
    C.Ya...
    Wally....

2010 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2