WHAT exactly are these engines!

ok take a look,
    this is the integra LS engine

it's a 'B' engine, i believe it's B18A(something), the last number most likely is the country code, if u have one please tell me what it is. notice that battery location is exactly same as the old DA3 86-88 integra

now this one..

is a 95 gsi (93-95) they make this engine, NOTICE that the engine looks exactly the same, with valve cover that has that block thing, BUT that battery location, it has been MOVED to the top right, now the air box take place of where the battery was and leaving some empty space to the left.

NOW look at this one!

that's an 2000 dc4, engine bay looks the same as a 97 gsi, i have heard that in 96 there was no gsi made, only vti-rs and type r(in jap). so what's going on. now the engine valve cover has changed and a little changes here and there, and it shows engine code B18B2 !!

my question is... does anyone have a DC4, that is 93-95 model, does it really share the exact same engine has DA9 89-91 ??
    i really don't know what's going on, i mean.. did honda really changed the whole car at 1994(from DA9 to DC4) and did not change the engine till 1997? but when i look carefully, the intake is the same in the bottom 2 pics while valve cover is different, are they the same engine just different valve cover? what's going on. if u have a engine that look exactly like the second picture (the 95 GSi) please tell me ur engine code, which is stamped right below the cyclinder head!!!

at 1998, all the tegs (DC4/2) has changed their headlight(most significant), exhaust, breaks, wheels, abs, air-bag or something, if anyone know what exactly are the changes, please post here too please!
    Last edited by vcreation; 03-10-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    the last 1 is b18b2 and im pretty sure the second is a b18b1 , and i had a 96 gsi lol
    Last edited by imratedpg; 03-10-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

that sucks, coz im trying to buy engine parts from overseas(cheaper) and now they may have different engine to us. in USA they have B18B1, they don't have B18B2 and if what u said was true then they sure have different valve cover. there is gotta be something that's the same..

by the way.. does anyone know what are those thing to the left of the air filter box? in a 98-2001 integra

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 vti-r integra
    Quote Originally Posted by vcreation View Post
    by the way.. does anyone know what are those thing to the left of the air filter box? in a 98-2001 integra
    at a guess, abs module?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    ok take a look,
    this is the integra LS engine

it's a 'B' engine, i believe it's B18A(something), the last number most likely is the country code, if u have one please tell me what it is. notice that battery location is exactly same as the old DA3 86-88 integra

This is a B18A1 From a DA9 Integra

now this one..

is a 95 gsi (93-95) they make this engine, NOTICE that the engine looks exactly the same, with valve cover that has that block thing, BUT that battery location, it has been MOVED to the top right, now the air box take place of where the battery was and leaving some empty space to the left.

This is a OBD1 B18B2 from Integra DC4 GSi 93-95, they share the same valve cover as the B18A1

NOW look at this one!

that's an 2000 dc4, engine bay looks the same as a 97 gsi, i have heard that in 96 there was no gsi made, only vti-rs and type r(in jap). so what's going on. now the engine valve cover has changed and a little changes here and there, and it shows engine code B18B2 !!

This is a ODB2 B18B2 from an Integra GSi DC4 96-2001, they share the same valve covers as B20B's from the Honda CRV

my question is... does anyone have a DC4, that is 93-95 model, does it really share the exact same engine has DA9 89-91 ??
    i really don't know what's going on, i mean.. did honda really changed the whole car at 1994(from DA9 to DC4) and did not change the engine till 1997? but when i look carefully, the intake is the same in the bottom 2 pics while valve cover is different, are they the same engine just different valve cover? what's going on. if u have a engine that look exactly like the second picture (the 95 GSi) please tell me ur engine code, which is stamped right below the cyclinder head!!!

Honda used B18A1 for the DA9, B18B2 for the DC4

at 1998, all the tegs (DC4/2) has changed their headlight(most significant), exhaust, breaks, wheels, abs, air-bag or something, if anyone know what exactly are the changes, please post here too please!
    Facelift has nothing to do with the engine valve cover change. Its to do with the new OBD2 setting i believe.

^^ nice post.

plus rep

GSi_PSi knows what he's talking about...

besides the valve cover, anyone know what are the difference between the OBD1 and OBD2?

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    ^^ nice post.

plus rep
    Agreed +2 Rep

Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    GSi_PSi knows what he's talking about...

besides the valve cover, anyone know what are the difference between the OBD1 and OBD2?
    ecu and wiring
    '99 Integra GSi (gone)
    '95 Integra Vti-r (drag-spec)
    '91 Cressida Grande (daily)
    MT Drag Radials, Injen CAI (dc2r) & various parts for sale:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112491

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    that sucks, coz im trying to buy engine parts from overseas(cheaper) and now they may have different engine to us. in USA they have B18B1, they don't have B18B2 and if what u said was true then they sure have different valve cover. there is gotta be something that's the same..

that should really matter...most b series parts are interchangeable.. but less interchangeable when it comes to the b series vtec engines
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Jazz GD3
    Plus rep for GSI_PSI.