Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 91 eg civic

91 eg civic

hi, all new to this honda stuff, previous a toyota and nissan man.
    anyway i got a 91 eg civic with a d15b twin carb with 355xxx k's and she getting little sad. so what i want to do is replace it with a new injected engine, and also fit a turbo at same time. i love me turbos. i'm a qualified mechanic so doing the work is simple.

i thinking somthing along the line of a d16 twin cam,

now it is the parts list i need

i know i will need
    engine
    ecu
    harness
    new fuel lines
    new fuel tank. with pump etc.
    new clutch

i just not sure of which vehilce i need to get them from.

and i also want to upgrade rear drums brakes to disc brake's again what vehilce do i get them from?

this prob has been covered. i did read engine eg swap section. but i could not find this engine. i might even build the engine,ie pistons rods. lower compression to suit turbo as well

as for turbo it thinking some where along the line of garret gt25/28 or the like.

ecu not sure what to get as yet, i did have wolf v500 in my previous car, soarer with 1j putting just on 500hp at treads.and previous to that i had nxr with built gtir engine.

so any help would be great

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    my opinion to you, is to get a b-series engine (eg; b16a, b18c etc) and turbo it.
    resulting in much more power rather than boosting a d16.

you can get b16a engines from SiR crx's, SiR civics, and the b16a2 from EG6/EK4/EG9's, EM1's and a few crx's etc.

b18c/r are found in integra type R's, b18c2 are found in integra vti-r's.
    then again, these engines cost alot more $$$ than d-series engines..
    i don't know much about d-series engines but i know that the d16y4 are found in EK CXi civics.
    lol
    advise to get disc brakes from EK civics, its a great upgrade for EG's. or do a 5 stud brake conversion from a dc2/r or something
    use hondata k-pro ECU's.

hope this stuff helps

yeah i think i want to find the d16a twin cam.. it a lot cheaper. i wanna buy a wreck of a car that it came in, are you able to tell me what car it came from. so ek civic what year model is that

Member Array
    d16a3 from an 86-89 integra, dohc

from here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_D_engine

i dont think any ek civics comes with a dohc d16, my ek1 cxi has a d16y4 single cam

ek1 gli also has the same,
    ek vtir (ek4) has a b16a2 i think
    and ek9 obviously has a b16b
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    hey!

d16a twin cam came out of an SI EG civic or they did come in the older CRX's however you may have problems on the legal side of things as they are going to be older engines than your model of car. You can get a bit of stuff for d16's too if you search the net. The d16a which you may already know is non-vtec, but in my opinion a better engine than the d16y SOHC VTEC engine anyway, more torque and would like a turbo better I reckon!

EK Civic is 96-00.

I may be wrong but I think hondata k-pro is only really suited to k-series engines? If you went with Hondata you'd be better off with s300 or something. Personally I recommend you also look at who's going to tune it, get someone you know and trust and work with the ECU's they like to use.. You can have a great ECU but if you don't have someone who works with them regularly can be a bad thing!

As for the list, you'll obviously need the gearbox that comes with the engine, as far as what else you need just to get the d16a in there im not quite sure, that seems like all i can think of at the moment.. adding the turbo is where u need to start buying more things! Actually you'll also need to look at the engine mounts, could be wrong but they probably won't be the same..

GT25/30's are pretty good turbo wise, not too much lag and they pull pretty hard. So you're on the right track there I reckon..

Anyway, hope it helps and good luck!!

Nic
    dc5r in the works....

what engine comes out of a 8/ 92 integra jhmda93560s part of vin

will a b18c and b18a fit? in my 91 eg?

i just got a 92 teg with b18a yippie f

no i understand the b18a is non vtech, and the b18c is vtech? i hope this engine will suit my cars. i think b18a with turbo, is a big power up from a 1.5 twin carb hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    yeh i dont know much about the b18a's, but im sure it should go sweet with a turbo on it! and yeh that will fit anyway...

Let us know how you go!

Nic
    dc5r in the works....

it should for 425 bucks. got a full car. that has been t bonned so perfect.

no the wiring is going to be the tricky part. carb to full efi, and engine swap. going to be tricky me thinks. wish it just plug in hahaha