Hybrid View

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by V73C View Post
    your quoting P platers that had their license before the new laws came in. I know for a fact that if you are under the new laws, anything that had something to do with mods, is not legal.
    Should of just bought a type R
    type r wuld be so much easier. ahahha

but of what i HEARD, you can get a mod plate for your seats (recaros, brides etc) but you cannot do any mods to the engine cos its ****ed up p plater laws.

build a fully worked out b16a then shove it in! hahaha it wuld look stock:P
    JdmYard, Team POV!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    type r wuld be so much easier. ahahha

but of what i HEARD, you can get a mod plate for your seats (recaros, brides etc) but you cannot do any mods to the engine cos its ****ed up p plater laws.

build a fully worked out b16a then shove it in! hahaha it wuld look stock:P
    oh sweet.
    so am i able to put a b16a in it? or not
    wouldn't that classify as modding? .... a built b16a?? lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec_cpu View Post
    oh sweet.
    LOl jimmy (i think it's jimmy) is just confusing you hahah you can't shove a b16a into your eg3! Only d13b2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by eeKayFouR View Post
    LOl jimmy (i think it's jimmy) is just confusing you hahah you can't shove a b16a into your eg3! Only d13b2
    Jimmy is gay. He knows it

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec_cpu View Post
    oh sweet.
    I'm just going to quote myself cos I can't be bothered writing it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by 02gzm View Post
    National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction & Modification.

Bookmark it. Read it.

Just to clear up a few things for people.

Engine Replacement
    You can replace your engine with a replacement new, used or reconditioned engine of the same type. Also an equivalent factory optioned engine for that model, with out the need for certification.

Performance Engines
    Fitting of a replacement engine with more than 20% greater weight and/or power output than the engine offered by the manufacturer as a standard or optional engine requires certification.

As EG Civic's weren't constructed in Aus with a B-series engine, legally you need a mod plate to put one in. Therefore legally no, P-platers aren't allowed to have one.

Yes you may get away with it for a while, but there is a very good chance that a cop will take 1 look at it and tell you to start making calls for someone to come pick you up. With the introduction of the new P-plate vehicle power restrictions a lot more cops are being taught what cars/engines you are and aren't allowed to drive. So having a big "DOHC VTEC" embossed on a rocker cover kinda gives it away...

Also, yes you're allowed a mod plate for seats, but no you can't put a B-series in it. You can however put any D-series engine in without needing a mod plate.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R

Also, yes you're allowed a mod plate for seats, but no you can't put a B-series in it. You can however put any D-series engine in without needing a mod plate.
    hey mate,

just wondering because eg6 comes with b16. does that law only apply to AUDM vehicles?

thanks for the info.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    hey mate,

just wondering because eg6 comes with b16. does that law only apply to AUDM vehicles?

thanks for the info.
    As EG Civic's weren't constructed in Aus with a B-series engine, legally you need a mod plate to put one in. Therefore legally no, P-platers aren't allowed to have one.
    EG6's were never released in Australia and are classified as an import. You're allowed to drive a genuine one. But good luck finding one. The NCOP applies to Aus released vehicles and their components.
    Last edited by 02gzm; 09-10-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4

Cheers for the info, but what about my interior?