Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige

ATTN: JAZZ owners

hello all jazz owners.

reason for posting this as my gf is currently looking to buy a car. She seems pretty keen on buying the top version jazz. Bascially i just wanted to know from your driving experiences is whether the car has:

good power for what it is?

easy to maintain?

common problems?

Also resale value

Well thats basically it, btw i have tried search but i was kinda after personal experiences. Would also be nice if some pics could be posted of some lightly moded jazz.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Jazz VTi Classical
    Well, I have been driving the 04' Jazz VTi CVT-7 for a few months. So far the power is good, in CVT mode, good enough for city busy road while torque is very good. in 7speed mode, 0-60km is very fast if u recokn it has only 1500cc engine.
    as people notice, the older CVT gear box seems to have some mechanical problem due to its age for about 2~3 yrs @ about 70,000km , but this is protected by warranty~

resell value, I think you can look for the price in those car sales web site. but Honda cars have quite a good resell value after Toyota.

I've had mine 04 VTi-S for about 2 months or so now... The car is really quite and smooth... My crew all have honda's... and mine is known as "Baby Vtec" hahaha power wise... I manage to keep up with my friends they have civic vtecs, Integra type r's so yeah for the price u pay i think it's pretty good... When I was buying my car I was tossing up between Prelude and Jazz... Ended up with Jazz cause of brand new... I've just hit over 4k on the meter and no probs yet...

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    I also have a VTI-S for about 3 weeks now with 1500kms, great little car, very fuel efficient, and does well to carry 5 people in the car, space is amazing if want to use the magic seats. Looks great, has all the safety features you need ABS airbags. And it's honda, it will keep it's resale as long as you keep up your service records. I personally looked at every small car, mazda 2, mazda 3, corolla, pulsar. Nothing compared to price and features for the money, sure you can get a barina $14990 but that is crap.......hope this helps
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i was driving a Barina b4 i switch to the Jazz. (i switched bcos missus can't drive a manual) and i cannot agree that it's crap.

you don't become Wheels COTY by being crap.
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 18-11-2004 at 02:47 PM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi 2004
    I am driving a 04 GLi, i bought it in March this year. Compare with aother 1.3L car, Jazz's 1.3L engine is quite powerful. u don't feel not enough power even 5 ppl in the car. However, i sugget that u go for a VTi or VTi-S, coz' the price of 1.5L Jazz has been dropped. Around $24,000 can buy a VTi-S!

If u wanna change Alloy wheels or install another company body kit, u better go for a VTi, save the money for another market parts.

If u just want a normal driviable car, go for a VTi-S then!

GLi is not quite worth to buy now, coz' the price different between GLi and VTi-S is around $2000!! (correct me if the price different is not true!)

Personally, i feel the jazz doesn't look good if you don't put rear spoiler!
    Last edited by DavidLing; 18-11-2004 at 03:26 PM.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    i had mine for a while now, its got around 43,000kays.
    Had no major problems other than the honda service occasionally try to rip me off.
    Only problem i have with it is the dashboard makes crackling noises/squeeks at above speeds of 100kms or above around 3,500rpm. Had a the seatbelt replaced as it was frailed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee
    i was driving a Barina b4 i switch to the Jazz. (i switched bcos missus can't drive a manual) and i cannot agree that it's crap.

you don't become Wheels COTY by being crap.

sorry have to disagree with you in the end. it's has a holden badge on it , ford, GM, Opel i wouldnt spend a cent on them . doesn't compare to Japanese quality. don't care how many COTY it's won. COTY does not influence what i buy in the end.
    I use to work for holden and the amount of barina that come in for warranty jobs for the smallest things are enough to make you not to fork out you hard earned dollars for. In the end you pay for what get.
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by Catcha
    sorry have to disagree with you in the end. it's has a holden badge on it , ford, GM, Opel i wouldnt spend a cent on them . doesn't compare to Japanese quality. don't care how many COTY it's won. COTY does not influence what i buy in the end.
    I use to work for holden and the amount of barina that come in for warranty jobs for the smallest things are enough to make you not to fork out you hard earned dollars for. In the end you pay for what get.
    i agree the bit about quality. particularly the quality of plastic, no one can beat the Japanese!!

are you working at Honda?? and how many Jazz has come back in for warranty?? probably not as many as Barinas but is Jazz sold more than Barina?? the quality thing may also be contributed by the work done by staffs as well. eg. i had to take my Barina back on the 2nd day becos the mechanics didn't remove the spring stops on the car. all i got for my delvery charges was the bloody car wash. and these kind of thing will never happen on a Honda i guess.....

but quality is only a criteria, if the car isn't fun to drive, no matter how well it's built i'm not going to buy it. Design is also part of what you paid for, not just the pieces of metal & plastic.
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 18-11-2004 at 05:41 PM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

I reckon the Jazz looks crap with the kit...

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee
    i agree the bit about quality. particularly the quality of plastic, no one can beat the Japanese!!

are you working at Honda?? and how many Jazz has come back in for warranty?? probably not as many as Barinas but is Jazz sold more than Barina?? the quality thing may also be contributed by the work done by staffs as well. eg. i had to take my Barina back on the 2nd day becos the mechanics didn't remove the spring stops on the car. all i got for my delvery charges was the bloody car wash. and these kind of thing will never happen on a Honda i guess.....

but quality is only a criteria, if the car isn't fun to drive, no matter how well it's built i'm not going to buy it. Design is also part of what you paid for, not just the pieces of metal & plastic.
    Differnt strokes for differnt folks, you like barina's . good on ya, you should of brought an automatic barina intead of a jazz if you like it so much
    Barina fun to drive? who are you kidding....
    Last edited by Catcha; 18-11-2004 at 06:25 PM.
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by Catcha
    Barina fun to drive? who are you kidding....
    i know the barina SRi will give a jazz 1.5 a good flocking around corners and is alot more fun to drive standard