Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question from the States

Hello,
    I'm a Honda guy in Texas, and I was thinking about moving to Australia after I graduate college in the summer. I've got some pretty good connections in the aftermarket industry here in the states and I was thinking about starting a bussiness to import some of the aftermarket Honda stuff we have here, but I'm not sure what you guys can get, or what you want.
    I figured I'd start here with the all motor guys (I'm one, so I like y'all better already). Can you guys get the aftermarket Dart b-series blocks? HASport swap mounts? What about Eagle rods and cranks? AEM intakes and ECUs? Block gaurds?

I'm looking into Venom nitrous kits and Progress suspension as well, since they don't seem to have Australian distributors yet.

So that's my story, sorry this isn't strictly in keeping with the forum guidlines, but I just wanted to get some real input from people.

Thanks!
    -Aaron
    Last edited by Texan; 18-11-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2003 Gli
    Hi there, welcome to ozhonda

With regards to aftermarket parts...I own a 7th Gen (MY03) Civic, and have alot of trouble finding aftermarket parts for my car (intakes, body kits, etc...), would definately be interested if you were to bring parts for my Civic in

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    hey dude!

eagle and aem are everywhere here, but all the other parts i havent come across. we need distributors of skunk2 parts!! esp parts for the h22a as its becoming popular to mod here in aus.

ive had a hard time waiting for shipping and actually getting parts in (for my turbo set up) i used to be on h22a.com getting advice from all the guys in the u.s, cos its not popular in japan as it is in the u.s., to work the h22a.

-good luck with it!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    We done get any kind of pre-made blocks around here. ALl custom. conversion mounts are a good start, defaintly will be popular. Nitrous is illegal down here so done bother. AEM EMS is big down here, but intakes - alot of people still grab then from the US.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Dart Blocks

Member Array
    d series turbo kits!!!! hint hint

Thanks for the response! I didn't even think about Skunk2, but I'll try and get in touch with them. We have just about every concievable type of swap mounts here in the states, and I'd definately like to bring those. H22 parts are relatively rare here too, but only in comparison to the B-series stuff.
    So nitrous isn't that popular? It's illegal here too, but that doesn't really stop anybody from using it. But then again, in America, it's only illegal to *use* the NOS, so you can still technically have it in your car.

I'd like to touch base with some shops in Australia as well, but I'm not sure who to call. Any recomendations? I'm hoping to sell to local shops as well as have a web page for direct sales.

Thanks again for the feedback. I'll gladly keep taking suggestions for more brands. I'll keep you guys posted on how things develop.

-Aaron

where abouts in australia will u reside...hopefully melb =)

My wife and I really like Perth, but it seems to be pretty far from everything. To be honest, I'm really not sure where we'll end up. We're mostly just focused on getting out of the states; the political situation is getting to be a bit much for us. Most of the population seems to be on the east coast, so I guess we'll have the first warehouse there.

-Aaron

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Hi there! I lived in california before and I now live in Melbourne. I think you and your wife would love Melbourne. Its the worlds most livable city
    Back to the topic. We need cheaper parts period. Most of the new stuff we get from our current suppliers is priced at a premium reflecting the fatc that goods are usually brought in "on order" rather than stock sitting in a warehouse ready to ship.
    I think we lack:
    - NON GENUINE cosmetic parts. Like c/f duckbill wings/spoon style mirrors/spoon style lips/mugen style lips/wings west kits eg r/s , etc etc.
    - Skunk2 goods - all of them!!!!
    - hasport products
    - ENGINE SWAPS!!!!

Hope that helps!!

cheers,

Joe

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    also bolt on turbo kits .. in the US rrp for greddy bseries kit is like 3400.. but on some sites u can find it for 1k less than that ! need more turbo hondas here in aust, as well as n/a ;p

The timeframe on this is at least six to nine months, as this project is just getting started. But the enthusiasm I'm getting here is really encouraging. I think this will work, and I think I can make it happen. Keep posting on this thread. If I can show the manufacturers that there is a definate demand, this can come together alot faster. None of the things you've mentioned so far are hard to get ahold of in the states at all. If you guys want this stuff, we can get it. Think of it as a petition for cheaper and better parts.

-Aaron