Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    c'mon fellas breathe...
    ohh also please be careful when driving "fast at the lights with another car by the side of you" as some drivers may get in your way...
    seriously if you need to compare so much use the tracks ^_^ or the drag strip not traffic lights and main rds.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    dude ill run the evo... and ill maul just so u can let everyone know what happened.. and hows it crap on the forums if i had someone frmo the forums watch frmo behind????

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    btw.. ev03s dont beat heavily modified turbos n the sort.. coz i ran a modded RED evo 4 from ur area and my mates 180 and he couldnt beat the 180 for shit... off the line he could top end??? rofl wot a joke of a top end and he had a front mount, bigger turbo, boost, fuel system sorted..... so whats that say bout old school evos???? their fkn shiet... my mates 180 doesnt even have a front mount... although it does have other mods which include turbo n boost... but the evo was mroe modded than the 180. they have no top end u gotta understand this.. 4wds dont not keep pullin away @ top end thats wot they lack.... thats y get evos doin 13.2secs 1/4 @ 103mph.. while u have RWD cars doin slower times with much higher mph... its all about the top end.. fwd cars have even greater mph with the same time... its just facts dude

Soz i can't believe a civic can beat an Evo. My first thought was...."another lancer dressed in evo clothing...".
    They are quite rare man, and early evo's arnt slow. An Evo III does 0-100 in like 5 seconds or so.... and the earlier ones are hardly behind that at all.

It sounds about right that u beat a lancer with maybe some mods but there is no way a civic could keep with an evo..

Just my Opinion....

Too many variable factors, race at the strip to see if you really are an evo eater

A standard evolution can run an easy 13.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    lol i love the part about me talkin shit lolol... i have a witness.. go ask the witness idiots. and no ev0 3s dont do 0-100 in 5 or so secs... they r alot slower than u might think.. they only produce around 140kws.... as opposed to the "vti" makin around 110-120 @ the treads... wot part of it wouldnt beat a evo is wrong about that??? it makes more power... doesnt have 4wd to slow it down and it weighs less..... had it been a evo 5+ then yer.. woulda gotten wasted.. coz THOSE r the ones that do 0-100 in 5secs... and the evo 3s cant keep up to a evo5 even if its life depended on it.. look up the facts b4 u start addin ur overly inflated opinion

140kw for a evo3??!!
    they are classed at 270ps!! Dunno where u heard 140 kw from mate!
    old evo's arnt slow.......just proves you didnt even know what you were racing....

how bout you do some reading here and know what the difference is between a lancer and an evo... http://features.evolutionm.net/printpage.php?id=20

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuintegra
    140kw for a evo3??!!
    they are classed at 270ps!! Dunno where u heard 140 kw from mate!
    old evo's arnt slow.......just proves you didnt even know what you were racing....

how bout you do some reading here and know what the difference is between a lancer and an evo... http://features.evolutionm.net/printpage.php?id=20
    270ps at the engine
    140kw at the wheels.. seems fair.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    read up?? y? ive got a review right infront of me... testing all the evos through the ages.. theres a evo 2 here with exhaust mods and mild cam profiles. 0-100 in 6.2 secs.... makin around 30awkw more than stock... think about it thats alot of power ova stock but its 6.2 secs?? so whats a stock one doin then?? 7s??? not that fast.....
    also got a evo 3 here.. but its worked.... turbo upgrade, boost, cooler, internals. 0-100 in 4.7secs..... and with all those improvements its only makin 192awkw..... which can only mean 1 thing... THEY DONT MAKE 270PS from FACTORY... either that or its a piece of shit motor.... i aint dissin evos coz i want one.. just not the older ones.... btw it was only a 1.8lt that i was racing and my mate had one and it wasnt fast at all...

if it's only 1.8 then its a gsr not a fuking evo dumbshit so get your facts right. since when did vti coupes put out 110- 120fwkw

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    well it said EVO2 on the side..... but the dude said it was a 1.8lt 4wd turbo....... and since when?? i dunno.... its got a bit on work on it frmo when it was purchased... no idea wots inside that block. ur guess is as good as mine but it really does fly :/
    might turbo it soon.... if im able to blow up the engine... goin for a B18 when this one lets go... but yer.. 40,000km of redlining and its still kickin hard

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    VTI sedan make bout 100kw at the engine, closer to 70-80kw at wheel unless you have massive mods. I've seen a very fast VTI coup come up against a VTIR and i will have to tell ya that the VTI got chopped by over 4-5 cars lengths. Envn then i've seen the same VTIR at eastern creek only doing high 14s. i don't see how it is possible for a low 13s car to be beaten by a 16-17 s VTI coupe.... Unless you have NOS or a large turbo hiding somewhere......