Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EG HB
    thanks guys much apreciated and thanks dougie for all da info bro!

these are the ones i first lookd at and are more in ma price range

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CIVIC-EG-EK-C...n%3D2%26ps%3D6
    Last edited by sohc_ma_vtec; 31-10-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    The N*Power ones look good and will flow better than stock. Did you check out that thread I made clubcivic.com? The stock headers look terrible and probably flow like they look...not good at all! Anything flows better than stock, and they look great.
    Don't get anything too shiny though, they'll lose that lustrous appearance at soon as they start getting regular use. I'd say avoid the chrome looking ones and get one off those darker, duller colours unless you wanna clean and polish it all the time.

Don't forget to source a high-flow catalytic converter and 2" cat-back, otherwise there's no point having headers as the increased flow will just get restricted again further down the exhaust.

Otherwise the only issue I have with N*Power's stuff is that they don't seem to advertise the outlet size of the header (the diameter of the single pipe at the end of the header). You want it to be 2" as previously discussed. Maybe send them an email and ask how wide they are and if you can get them in the darker colour of those 2 advertised.

While you're at it do me a favour and ask if they fit the D16A8 DOHC non-VTEC engines

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EG HB
    yeh i read the clubcivic link fanks again was realy helpful! n i have seeen ma stok headers fkn yuk lol... i like the crome header look tho but thats just ma opinion.
    ill msg em 2nite! oh n bout da catbak im getin 1 through a m8!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    All up to preference in the end. Let us know how it goes

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EG HB
    hey dougie they sed the outlet size is 2"

and YES the will fit ur D16A8 DOHC non-VTEC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    ooo nice ta

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EG HB
    yo dougie i got ma headers tehy aight but i do neeed a catbak! im doin bit ba bit! i notice ma revs kik in faster to. oh n they chang colour da 1st day!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    npower ones arent half bad, still on a car atm and it's been over 3yrs with no problem, was modified to add a flexijoint to the cat and a new flange made

as they are a 4-2-1 design and the vibration alone would cause havoc to bushings

4-2-1 to s/s cat back to resonator and into a muffler all 2" piping (don't get over fussed about mandrel bends, a press bent system will perform just as well on a small engine with little to no gains in comparison) will have it sounding and going very nicely
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 11-11-2009 at 09:48 AM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah the heat will change their colour, you can't help it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I'd wrap them or paint em up, mine look bad in their dirty s/s state lol
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What kind of paint would you use? Crinkle paint or something? Would need to sit well with extreme heats and I don't really know anything about that...

sohc_ma_vtec how much did it cost to get them to your door? Got a picture we can see?

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    just hijacking this thread quickly...for an EG5, d16y1...what size high flow cat would i need if i was to fit n*power headers? I have a stock cat with a 2.25" pipe
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."