Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    yeh you can easily push the piston back and forth and it glides smoothly...

This is the bov, im not really into the look of it but the sound and functionality is what i was after and it delivered nicely until it stopped working.

Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i rem they work the opposite to your normal bov, but i can't rem what it was exactly
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    i rem they work the opposite to your normal bov, but i can't rem what it was exactly
    Yeh they are a little different in function to a normal bov that just opens and closes. But the setup is exactly the same. problem is with the HKS bov's is they use a special clamp fitting so i cant test another bov on it to see if its the vac etc or the actual bov.

I have another bov i could use also but i cant cos of that clap style connection.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poJxBm8z6RE

This is the Bov sound on b series DA9 turbo

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i wanted one before also cos the noise was cool, but i got the turbosmart cos i could plumb back
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    i wanted one before also cos the noise was cool, but i got the turbosmart cos i could plumb back
    I very rarely use the bov...it stopped working a while ago so i just clamped the Vac line so it wouldn't engage and left it like that until now.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Are you getting Flutter since the bov has not been working?
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Are you getting Flutter since the bov has not been working?
    yes which i love but ive been told by turbotech that its not great for turbo's running over 10psi without a bov. Im running 10psi atm so i thought i might try and get it working now.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    What I'm saying is that since your bov is not working are you getting more flutter?

A working bov is supposed to eliminate flutter and as you said stop pressure on the turbo shaft.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    What I'm saying is that since your bov is not working are you getting more flutter?

A working bov is supposed to eliminate flutter and as you said stop pressure on the turbo shaft.
    yeh i do get flutter..alot of it. like i said i love the sound

but yeh its not great for the turbo.

take off the little hose that goes to the bov whilst the car is running. the revs should drop as the ECU detects an air leak (unless u have aftermarket ecu and tuned on MAP). if drops, and then back to normal wen u stick it back on, then bov stuffd more than likely. if nothing happens wen u pull it off (std ecu, running afm) then something along the line of the hose is restricting airflow eg clamped between somethng or leak

btw gimme *useful post* thingo so that i can go into the trading forum (cant get in for some reason)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    hey man strange thing you have happing there, i8 have a SSQ here with the same clamp if you were close i would let you borrow it to see if its the bov but in saying that ppl with that turbo say that the bov dosent go off untilll higher rpm or higher boost.

i gave up changing bov's after 4 different ones and 3 different vac lines on the 180 when it wouldnt go off so i left the flutter :P sounds better anyway
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT