Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS

Top Gear: EP3R v FN2R

im current in switzerland, been awhile since i posted.

i occasionally get Top gear on tele, last night J.Clarkson tested the EP3R and FN2R.

he rates the EP3R very highly over the FN2R.

when they raced the EP3R slowly was faster, handling alot better. to much understeer in the FN2R also it being heavier didnt count.

shame the stig didnt race them both, he did take out the FN2R and it was marginally quicker then a VW GTI.

has it been shown in OZ?? also any comments from owners. i am contemplating buying a FN2R when im back
    |||8|0||0|||5|7||||

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 ek1
    yeah, the ep3 is quicker and costs less and yeah it has aired in aus already. but if anyone is like me, i download top gear so i saw that a while ago. i dont own an fn2R but i have driven one and its still a sweet ass ride though. i wouldnt mind getting one myself... except for the same price i can get a the fd2r which "might come to australia" says a dealer manager.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    lol nah i doubt the FD2R would go for sale here. the EP3R in Top Gear is a UK spec aswell. most of the EP3R's here are JDM which are a whole lot better aswell.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    and the sad thing is, FD2R retails cheaper than an Accord Euro in japan. imagine they're selling for $45k here......
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic type R fn2
    mmm yer if it was 45k for fd2r tasty. I dont know i like fn2 its grown on me since getting one, even the rear vision doesnt bother me anymore. Does it really matter whats faster depends what your using your car for.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    that is a very old episode...

Unfortunately the FN2R isn't as good

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Train View Post
    mmm yer if it was 45k for fd2r tasty. I dont know i like fn2 its grown on me since getting one, even the rear vision doesnt bother me anymore. Does it really matter whats faster depends what your using your car for.

yeh i agree about whats really faster, my boy racer days are over, i still do enjoy a involving spirited drive tho. before i needed more then 5 seats (hence the FRV), i had a euro which had enough power and torque for me, the drive was great IMHO. the power is the same but the FN2R's torque is 15-20% less (also a smaler engine of course) i guess in the end it will be a toss between a CU2 (not lux)of FN2R. it will be my daily driver and sometimes lug around the family, if i dont feel like sailing the odyssey space ship.
    Last edited by 80057; 14-10-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    |||8|0||0|||5|7||||

Member Array
    Car:
    MPS 3
    dont get me wrong i dont mind parts of the fn2r

but yeah when i saw that episode ages ago i was kinda set on it now i got one i love it even more!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    lol how fast can you drive it. no point unless you track it. and lets be honest most people cbf. you buy car for the looks and the fn2r are hawt ;D
    wunna fight Q('.'Q)

Member Array
    Car:
    MPS 3
    im going track next month awsomeeee lols not sure about fn2r looks over the ep3

i like the front of the fn2r but like the rear of the ep3

imagine they combined it!!

en2/3R xD

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    enR32
    wunna fight Q('.'Q)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZe86 View Post
    im going track next month awsomeeee lols not sure about fn2r looks over the ep3

i like the front of the fn2r but like the rear of the ep3

imagine they combined it!!

en2/3R xD
    Agree'd ^^ =]