Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9

Quality cat-back

My '94 EH Civic VTi is my daily driver and I'm doing a budget I/H/E setup on it just for a some fun and a little power boost. It's the D16Y1 SOHC VTEC engine.

Some of my CRX mates have told me that to go to an exhaust shop and have them make you up a mandrel bent system is normally sufficient and that going with name brands isn't such a big deal.

I believe this is true for intakes but I want your valued opinions on cats and cat-backs.

For example, the N*Power cat and Options cat-back for the coupe/sedan civic is 2.25".

In this instance do you think it would be a worthy investment? Remembering that I want a budget setup but hopefully without compromising quality. If they're clearly far below standards I won't buy them as I'd rather pay the money for quality. I would happily buy 2nd hand parts but haven't found sellers through my WTB or in the FS sections

Any advice re: the enquiry is welcome. Ta,
    Andy

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Custom exhaust ftw

B20VTEC Build Thread

A friend of mine a ebay cat back for his ek hatch, it wasnt to bad seemed to hold up fine. From memory it was around 300ish and he installed it him self so doesnt seem like a bad idea for a budget. Not to sure on what kind of gains he got though.