Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra

How many km's does a dc2 generally last for

Hi,
    i have a 95 dc2 vti-r currently at 226,000km
    it has no problems at the moment (apart from a few consumables such as cv joints needing replacment soon)
    im thinking to keep it till 300,000km+ or 3 years. whichever comes later...
    however doing a quick search on carsales i havent seen any cars with such high km's
    so i just wanted to ask how long peoples integra's have lasted for or what the biggest repair bills could look like!
    I know this is an obscure question but i would appriciate any info
    Thanks,
    David

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    all depends on how well its been taken care of, wat kind of climate the car is in, how its used, etc etc etc. there are too many variables to give an accurate answer.

my gf's DC2 is approaching 300,000km mark. i do all of the servicing for her car and still runs strong without anything major having gone wrong.

all comes down to chance.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    my dc4 done 263000 and still going strong

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    do a compression test on the motor see how healthy it is

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    Thanks for the info i never heard of that test before, will that test basically tell me if anything is wearing out on the engine thats expencive to replace?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    will give the compression on each cylinder, should be between 200-250psi, just giving the overall health of the motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    bear in mind however that the engine is not always the most expensive thing to repair/replace...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1995 VTi-R Integra
    ok cool, so ill do a compression test, is there any other tests to check if the more expencive parts are functioning properley or in good condition ?
    what kind of parts are you talking about NSPYRE ?
    Thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    im assuming gearbox?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

not a dc2, but my ex-EJ8 had 296,000kms and vtec still kicked in with no smoke or oil burning. Healthiest sub 300k kms car ever.

My dc2 has 132k kms and its still fine and dandy.

My 96 DC2 is on 190000kms, engine consumes almost no oil. Compression test came in healthy. But timing belt is due at the next service, and I expect CV joints to last another 20,000kms before requiring attention.

Other things to look out for include worn shock absorbers and suspension bushings. These are must-replace items any car as they age.

Also gearbox synchro issues past the 200,000kms, though I've noticed that this is hit and miss depending on how the car was driven throughout its life.

Then maybe an odd electrical gremlin here and there if you're unlucky.

NSPYRE is right, the engine isn't the only expensive thing on the car. IMHO, I reckon the most expensive bit is the paintwork. Leave a car in the sun for 5 years without waxing and polishing, then see what happens to the paint, then go ask for a quote on a full repaint. You will Sh*t your pants.

But if you're the type who doesn't mind a junked up looking car as long as it's 'mechanically A1' then this doesn't apply.

I've heard stories from my mech about 300,000km B18C engines with no problems. If well cared for, I'm not worried about the engine. Its the other mechanical rotating bits that concern me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    How long is a piece of string?

There is no finite answer for such a question, too many variables come into play.

All you can do is maintain the car best you can and take care of it when driving it. All machines have a certain lifespan depicted by the engineers which they are designed due to warranty/money reasons.

Compression test is only one aspect of health.