Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: torque dampers

torque dampers

hello all,

i was just wandering if torque dampers make much difference? and if anyone has one installed, and what are their opinions/feedback on these devices? any feedback is appreciated.

cheers.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    ill tell u in a weeks time

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    sh1tbox
    dont get one waste of $$
    Would you change the life you love, for the love of your life?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    ingalls torque damper, best $200 i've spent on my car

world of difference

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SHU-ES1 View Post
    hello all,

i was just wandering if torque dampers make much difference? and if anyone has one installed, and what are their opinions/feedback on these devices? any feedback is appreciated.

cheers.
    What are you trying to do with your car? No point unless you want to do redline full throttle hard fast shifting.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    tony ur bro is right theres no point for u as u may never track you car and it will make it pointless. just an expensive piece of bling

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    My opinion of the Ingalls torque damper is that it gives my car more throttle response, it definitely accelerates a lot harder and the engine sounds much nicer.

I've never taken my car to the track and never plan to. The difference is night and day, even as a daily drive

i just want to make the car feel more responsive to me when im driving it hard. i know its not a power house, i just want it to feel like one! lol.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by SHU-ES1 View Post
    i just want to make the car feel more responsive to me when im driving it hard. i know its not a power house, i just want it to feel like one! lol.
    Definitely worth it in my opinion. I personally feel that my car accelerates harder and it's not only my own butt dyno. My brother said exactly the same thing when he drove it. The RPM needle just flies! The engine is (and SOUNDS) a completely different beast when you vtec it.

At ~$200, it'll be one of the cheaper mods you can buy for your car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i dont see how the damper changes the sound of the car, the reason ur needle is flying is due to wheel spin (if in 1st Gear).

dampers are suppose to give smoother gear changes, put power to the ground and take stress of the joints when hard shifting
    Last edited by Riced_Civic; 15-10-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    helped in my car. My rear engine mount was broken at the time and i put one in, it helped stop the motor moving and the car didn't hop as much.

I got a cheapy for like $100, easier than fixing the rear mount at the time, but after i did all my mounts + energy suspension it was great.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    i dont see how the damper changes the sound of the car, the reason ur needle is flying is due to wheel spin (if in 1st Gear).

dampers are suppose to give smoother gear changes, put power to the ground and take stress of the joints when hard shifting
    I don't know how it works. My cabin is much more rough, and the engine is a lot louder throughout the whole rev range.