Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    my clutch is also starting with the creaking towards the bottom and sometimes one click when releasing it, some days more than others. I think its been happening for a while but now that i've read this thread i've really started to notice.

What if both the master and slave cylinders were replaced? would that make a difference?

I've read through most of the posts and this really is a joke how many people are having the same issue, this really should be passed on to someone in honda that will actually do something about it.
    Last edited by E_Honda; 31-10-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Honda View Post
    I've read through most of the posts and this really is a joke how many people are having the same issue, this really should be passed on to someone in honda that will actually do something about it.
    There are 3 revisions of the master cylinder for this problem, but it is still not solved. Master cylinder is purchased from an external company. Honda doesn't make them.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Hey guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but im currently looking for a new car and the euro (MT) is one in the short list atm. So i just have some questions regarding this clutch creak :

1) Is it a very obvious intrusive creak or one you notice only if you pay alot of attention to ?

2) Does this creak have any degrading effect on the actual performance of the clutch itself?

It seems like this problem reoccurs very often so i'd just like some feedback from the MT euro owners as you guys would know this problem best (since this problem would probably not happen during a test drive).

Thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It happens to most Hondas. For some reason, the supplier of the master cylinder hasn't revised the design sufficiently to fix it. The creak was already happening in the 90's with the Civics.

happens to me. but i cant hear it really once i've been driving for a few minutes. only when its cold do i hear it.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    i've got it but it doesn't annoy me that much...

most of the time you've got music on or traffic is noisy enough not to be able to hear it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuyin View Post
    Hey guys,

1) Is it a very obvious intrusive creak or one you notice only if you pay alot of attention to ?
    2) Does this creak have any degrading effect on the actual performance of the clutch itself?
    Thanks
    From my experience, if it's there it's pretty obvious. It's not like you sit there wondering about it. I also could feel it quite distinctly -- as if something was sticking somewhere when you moved the pedal.

I read all about this, and I still bought the car -- and I'd still recommend the car to anyone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual

Creaking Clutch-- I Join The Club

At 42,000kms I have joined the Creaking Clutch Club. It is very annoying as you tend to feel it rather than hear it. I am about to call the dealer for a fix, thought I should read this thread first.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
    At 42,000kms I have joined the Creaking Clutch Club. It is very annoying as you tend to feel it rather than hear it. I am about to call the dealer for a fix, thought I should read this thread first.
    Welcome to the club (unfortunately). Any lube fix is only temporary... I'm on my 3rd master cylinder, the 1st lasted about 3-4 months, the 2nd lasted 12 months and now the 3rd one was installed with additional graphite grease to delay the creaking. Hopefully this one lasts much longer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual

reluctant club member

Thanks Aaronng I wont to discontinue my membership. Told the service mgr. not to try a quick fix but to read this thread and anything Honda must have on the problem.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    They are pretty nice and usually will replace the master cylinder after trying the lube fix first. If they do decide to replace the master cylinder, ask them to use graphite grease on the new one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 honda Euro
    My Euro did the same thing and after several attempts to lubricate it (up to 40,00klms). The dealer finally istened to my complaints and replaced the master cylinder and it has been going strong for 3 years now with no creaking. Having said that I complained about a noisy clutch (which is a dry thrust washer) and they ignored me until it was out of warranty. I will never buy another car from them or get my car serviced there. It was with great pleasure that I bought another car from another dealer and then emailed my local dealer to tell them.