Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414849505152 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just put some lithium grease spray into my creaking clutch pedal and after 2 burts of spray onto the rod , pumped the clutch twice and the creaking is gone. I know it isnt a permanent fix , but with the other problems i have on this car its the least of my worries.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Well had my car serviced today, changed the gear box fluid and things are more smooth now .

Do any of you guys use the double clutch method for downshifting aggressively?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Double clutch is for up shifting isn't it and rev matching is for downshifting and I don't use it not much point for road use

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    ^^ Spot on!

The euro pedals are well positioned for heel-toe shifts.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Double clutch is for up shifting isn't it and rev matching is for downshifting and I don't use it not much point for road use
    No, double clutch is for downshifting. The up shifting part is a fake statement from Fast and Furious.

Double clutch allows the input shaft in the gearbox to match speeds with the gear that you want to go into. Hence by double clutching, you can go from 4th gear to 1st gear smoothly assuming that you are still under the top speed for 1st gear.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
    Well had my car serviced today, changed the gear box fluid and things are more smooth now .

Do any of you guys use the double clutch method for downshifting aggressively?
    Yes, if I am on the freeway sitting at 90 in 6th gear and want quick acceleration, I double clutch and go straight into 3rd. It minimises wear on the synchros. You can still do it without double clutching, but you will feel resistance going into gear and sometimes you can hear a thud when you do so which is the input shaft being forced to speed up by the synchros.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Since the last post here I have learned quite well to double clutch, can do easily for 3rd, 2nd still a bit tougher with the rev matching.

Anyways, I fear my replaced clutch master cylinder might be starting to act up. Last week noticed it make a kinda rubbing faint noise upon release (uptil half point). Hard to describe really. Happened a couple days after the car was run a bit, havnt heard it since. I just hope the creaking doesn't start.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Lux
    thought it was just me that this happened to glad its not

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    This issue has been causing me much grief lately. I've tried silicone and grease spray cans but it comes back after about a day. So I bought a grease gun and injected a ton of grease in there and hopefully that will do the trick.

Has anybody found a permanent fix?

Honda have greased it before and replaced my master cyclinder but the issue is still there. I am no longer under Honda warranty.

I have taken it to my mechanic and he lubed it as well, that worked for a month or so, but it's back again.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Dragging up old but relevant thread..

I have this creak and have trouble reaching the source.

Did anyone point out a sure fire way to reach this damned creak spot with lube, inside these 51 pages?

What is out there that has a nozzle long enough?

Thanks..
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    nope alas there isnt.
    it is a poorly designed clutch system basically. Usually the creak is coming from the master cylinder actuator rod, but often also the clutch pedal pivot mechanism (they arent braced enough and flex all over the place), and then also the actuation mechanism to the clutch at the engine often gets a bit dry and notchy.

The fix for mine was to remove the master cylinder actuator rod (which was notched and worn on one side from the poor design and under lubrication) and rotate it 180 degrees so the side that doesnt rub was now the side that receives the noticeable rubbing friction. In doing this give it a liberal application of lithium grease. Sadly this still only keeps it smooth for a few weeks to a few months depending on use, at which point it needs a regrease. I also find ambient temps have an effect on it as it seems at some temps it can still get a harmonic squeal that goes away when the temps change.

Beyond this you might find the clutch pedal pivot mechanism needs some attention and i even reinforced mine to stop the flexing (removed one aspect of the not-so-smooth and heavy pedal action).
    Finally, lubing the actuation mechanism to the clutch down on the engine can also help some of the noise and harshness.

After doing all these things and continuing to keep the master cylinder actuator rod lubed i can keep the clutch smooth and noise free.