Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Well after meeting up with baboo today at Mt Cootha I now have to report this same problem has developed. Throughout the drive through the twisties following the IS300 guys, and then through the City it was fine. But alas heading home the noise and then the slight sensation developed, almost like passing through a microswitch at about 1/3 clutch pedal travel.

Going to give Honda a call about it tomorrow.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    All the best. If after they fix it and the problem comes back, remember to go back to the same dealer to get it fixed again and remind that that the first fix only lasted a short while.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    Sorry for digging up an old post, but Ive recently done 1100Km on my euro and I've come across this same problem of the clutch pedal creaking.. just wondering, aaronng, have your creaking clutch problems been fixed by honda replacing the clutch cylinder?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hello... Was surprised to see this thread pop up.
    I had my clutch master cylinder replaced at 3995km. Now I am at 5920km, and the clutch is still perfectly smooth. My 1-2 gear change is better too, as I was complaining before of a mild 1-2 "crunch" when I shifted. Now it is rare.

I've read on the US forums that some owners experienced the creak returning after 10000km. But hey, if it comes back, I'll send it in again for another master cylinder change (until Honda Japan decides to get it right and source the master cylinder from another company!)

Get your car inspected by the dealer's technician. With my car, it took about 20 minutes of driving before the creak started appearing. So remember to factor this in when you are sending your car in to check. Get them to sit in the car with you as you press the clutch, so they can hear the same thing you hear. At the first go, they would probably just lube the spring, like in my case. Only at the 2nd visit (I pointed them out that this was the 2nd time I was coming in for this problem and only after 1 month. Also mentioned previously they had already lubed it) did they change the master cylinder
    Last edited by aaronng; 28-03-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    Thanks aaron, I'm taking it for the first service this week, so hopefully it'll get sorted..

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Just spoke to the dealer that sold me the car, they are aware of the Clutch Master Cylinder problem and have told me that if it needs to be replaced, it will be under warranty.. They too told me that there is no evidence that the problem will cause excessive wear on the clutch.. so... mmm... I dunno....

I figured Honda Australia might have known of this issue but have not told owners about it, only the dealers...

I'm gonna make an appointment with them to have the car checked and hopefully, have it replaced...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Just spoke to the dealer that sold me the car, they are aware of the Clutch Master Cylinder problem and have told me that if it needs to be replaced, it will be under warranty.. They too told me that there is no evidence that the problem will cause excessive wear on the clutch.. so... mmm... I dunno....

I figured Honda Australia might have known of this issue but have not told owners about it, only the dealers...

I'm gonna make an appointment with them to have the car checked and hopefully, have it replaced...
    That's good news! You shouldn't be without your baby for more than a day, as I dropped mine off in the morning and picked it up in the late afternoon. When I had my problem, which was in early December, there was no service bulletin for the Euro or TSX, only the regular Accord. I guess quite a few of us complained of the creaking clutch and they finally recognised that it was a design problem. Hooray!

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Hi Aaronng, Matell and baboo.
    Baboo, what is clutch switch they replaced for you? So your creaking sound is not from master cylinder as what happened in Matell and aaronng's??

After viewing the above posts about creaking sound, I noticed my clutch has creaking sound too. I am going for 30000km service next wednesday, want to find out from you guys whether if mine is from faulty master cylinder like in Matell and Aaronng's cases OR clutch switch problem like in Baboo's.

Maybe baboo or Matell can have a look my car before next wednesday, so I am better knowledged before I speak to service department. I live in Runcorn. Thanks.

PNR888,

If you can only hear the click sound, it's probably just the cruise control switch.

if you can feel the pulsation from the clutch pedal, it's most likely a faulty master cylinder.

PNR888,

I think you got my problem mixed up with Matell, I had the master clutch cylinder replaced and Matell had the switch replaced.

I'll be in Sunnybank tomorrow afternoon, if you wanna meet up just let me know.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Baboo. around what time?? I 'll finish work around 2pm ish. My mobile is 0413888751, if you can to ring me,that will be appreciated.. Thanks.

No worries Roger,

I'll give u a call when I'm there, should be around 3~4 pm.