Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40474849505152 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Mine happens quite a bit i just lube it on the clutch assembly and it goes away.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Mine happens quite a bit i just lube it on the clutch assembly and it goes away.
    That's true, but the creak comes back sooner or later. Also, constantly using it can lead to the cylinder dying (As discussed in this thread earlier).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Diesel
    Hi
    I can get sports pedal set for euro 2009 model $ 150 they look the same as mine any one know
    if they will fit my euro 2006 model ?

Hey guys,
    Recently purchased a 2004 CL9
    I've started to notice that after the car has warmed up and usually after 15mins of driving I will start to feel a click in the clutch as I press/engage the clutch and it can be heard as well. If I slowly engage the clutch it does not click however.
    I've gone through this thread twice and the impression I'm getting is that the click is a result of the clutch master cylinder needing to be replaced
    I also believe that because its not the creaking noise everyone else is experiencing, the use of the silicone spray on the adjustment rod will not resolve the problem I am having
    Can someone please confirm my conclusions?

The creaking clutch pedal issue continues to confuse me. I've had it on and off for the past couple years. At one time I had it continuously for weeks, so I sprayed some silicon spray into it and it went away. It came back a month or so later, so using a length if thin tube (model engine fuel line), gave it a really good spray. I haven't had the pedal creak in 6+ months now! *touches wood*

PS. Be sure to use a rag to soak up any silicon lube that dribbles back out, otherwise your car will smell like a workshop! ;-)
    Last edited by EuroSteve; 13-07-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks for the feedback there EuroSteve, I did try to silicon spray method over the weekend and it indeed resolve my clicking issue. Did make my car smell for a bit even after I wiped the surround area down; but nothing air freshner cant mask haha.

Now I'm hoping it doesnt come back too often :P

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonnn View Post
    FYI mine has been going 4 months without a creak at all. The guy who I got the master cylinder said it was a TSX cylinder.. which apparently does not creak, ever!

Hopefully he didnt lie :P
    A little update for those curious (8 months after master cylinder replacement).. I've been feeling minor creaks in my clutch pedal these last few days guess it comes back sooner or later TSX clutch or not!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonnn View Post
    A little update for those curious (8 months after master cylinder replacement).. I've been feeling minor creaks in my clutch pedal these last few days guess it comes back sooner or later TSX clutch or not!
    oh that really sucks . You would think they would have resolved this issue with a newer revision. I got mine replaced couple months back. So far so good, fingers crossed :\. maybe something else aggravates it.

Out of curiosity, does it take you a bit of effort to change gears? I find I have to concentrate a bit to make sure I release the clutch smoothly (tiring in long heavy traffic), else at times I end up shuddering the car with a not so smooth release.
    Last edited by roony; 04-08-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    That happens to mine in first mainly, the other gears are generally fine.. Maybe have a look at changing manual transmission fluid?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    For me its mainly 2-4th gears where I have put more effort. Im actually having the 110k service next week and will be chanigng the gear fluid too. Hope that helps.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I just learnt to match the revs when release clutch. So Clutch in, shift and when revs drop to about where I want it to be, I release the clutch in one swift motion. Get it right and it is smooth and not-tiring. Get it wrong and the car starts to bunny-hop.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Thanks for the tip, I do belive I have to get used it. I have always driven manual but this clutch is certainly heavier than previous cars such as corollas and honda city. The creaking issue also put me off alot as it was super hard.

I think also alot of the times I change gears at higher revs (drive spirited), I change to the next gear at a higher speed which makes me put more effort to release the clutch smoother. I think i should tone down my aggressive nature :P