Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI

dc2/4 voltage drop...killing battery overnight...HELP

hey guys,

as title states,

i have a gsi dc2 and it is draining the voltage from the battery overnight everynight for the last 2 days.....

once i get the car started, its all fine...

i have checked and gone over every little accessory u can think of that shouldn't be on and that isnt on....

any ideas/help would be much appreciated.....

tom

p.s. i have recently (last week) change the distributor as mine had thrown an error code and was f*%$#d....

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    get and amp meter and connect it in sereis with the positive battery terminal, then check the current draw of the car in the OFF postion. ( doors closed )

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    get and amp meter and connect it in sereis with the positive battery terminal, then check the current draw of the car in the OFF postion. ( doors closed )
    We should expect the ampere to be the same as the manufacturer's label on the batt right?

Also, if there's a batt leak, we should expect lower ampere according to electric principles.
    Rep me if you think it is mechanically sound

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    thanks for ur help guys, seems we found the problem,

once we reconnected the battery, we heard a relay clicking....

so we traced it to be the aircon pump.....now its disconnected and battery is holding voltage perfectly.....

thanks again for ur prompt responses.

tom

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Sorry to raise the dead, but this happened to me recently in my EG5.. Anyone know what causes this? And how to fix it? I also tracked it back to the aircon pump, and since have disconnected it.