Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord V6 L 2008

8th Gen v6 L Bluetooth intergration help needed

Hi all,
    I am wanting to integrate a Parrot MKi9000 into my 2008 V6 L. I am only after the hands free I know the Sub won’t work.
    I have looked at the harnesses available online:
    http://www.strike.com.au/products/IS...ility-ASP-KRAM

This seems to be the correct harness, I will order and feed back on my progress.

does anyone know if the sat nav directions will still work after this intergration?

thanks

Astrohawk
    Last edited by astrohawk; 16-10-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord V6 L 2008

New intergration option

After examining the functioning of the factory head unit I have designed and installed a custom intergration unit.

In short I intercepted the factory wiring for the aux input in the centre console.

Using a relay trigered by the mute signal from the parrot I was able to utilise the autosensing function of the headunit to automatically switch the headunit over to the parrot for:
    Calls
    Ipod interface
    USB
    and 3.5mm line it.

esentially the parrot has replaced the line in with a much upgraded system.

this soloution allows steering wheel control of volume and the sat nav direction can sill be heard whilst using the parrot.

this solution will work for intergrating any bluetooth system that has line out, in any Honda vehicle with a aux in port and auto sensing.
    regards

Duncan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Accord VTi Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by astrohawk View Post
    After examining the functioning of the factory head unit I have designed and installed a custom intergration unit.

In short I intercepted the factory wiring for the aux input in the centre console.

Using a relay trigered by the mute signal from the parrot I was able to utilise the autosensing function of the headunit to automatically switch the headunit over to the parrot
    Great idea, on top of everything you must be getting much better streaming music quality as Parrot's built in amplifier is not that great.

What happens if you switch the head unit to another source (let's say radio) during a call? That's the only downside I can think of...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord V6 L 2008
    The sound quality through the Honda headunit is fantastic for the parrot.

When the parrot is outputing through the AUX you can manually switch to other sources and back again, however this does not pause the device connected to the parrot.

I cant say this has been a big deal for me.

The major issues I have with the system are
    1. occasionally my iPhone 3GS wont automaticcla connect to the parrot
    2. occasionally the parrot wont turn on and I have to turn the car on and off.
    3. the parrot stays "on" for about 5 mins after you turn the car off, as such when I park in my garage at home and get a call my phone is often still paired to the car in the garage.