Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

[CL9] NSW ride height defect after lowering?

Hi all,

i am in sydney and am looking to either get eibach springs or tein ss coilovers. the eibach springs drop the car about 40mm+ and with the tein ss i would like a similar height with about a 2 finger gap between wheel and wheel arch.

my question is, the stock ride height of the CL9 is 130-140mm, thus the drop would mean there is less than the 100mm clearance that is required. what would happen if i get defected?

also, for those who are lowered similar or lower than that height, any experiences with cops? do they not measure CL9's because they arent boy racer cars?

i have been going through the forums extensively and i know members like rein, .QD, akina, doosra, tony1234 and various other members have heights i reckon are lower than 100mm, any problems?

thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    if you get defected u must fix the defect till its not defect using eibach wont get u defected anyways cops got other things to wrry about other than checkin out lowered honda euro ?

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    if you get defected u must fix the defect till its not defect using eibach wont get u defected anyways cops got other things to wrry about other than checkin out lowered honda euro ?
    man thats wat im hoping, the euro looks crap at stock height. i dont want to be bugged by cops everytime at RBTs etc. i just hate how the front of the CL9 hangs so low and also the massive wheel arches!!

maybe airsussy like you would be the solution felix

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    i think last time theres one member here who just lowered his car recently using lowering springs only . from 5 fingers gap to about 2-3 fingers ?

First time I got my coil-overs (N+) installed, I was on stockies and I got pulled over I was like 80mm from the ground, cops didnt even noticed.... instead they told me off for having my foggies on, that's about it.

Now I have 1finger gap with 19's. Height not noticable. I think cops will only really hassle you if you have one of those "fully sick" drops, like half your wheels tucking @ the rear and crazy camber.

I think my front lip atm is between 90-100mm from the ground.

ahah sweet .QD thats wat i wanna hear! now im gonna do a nice drop that im after. the stock height just looks bad. i'll probably go with 2 finger gap front and 1 at the back to be safe.

what happens with defects? just adjust the height back to stock, clear the defect, then slam it back down again? im sure there must be a number of times you can get defected for same offence before they take you to court right?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mSPo~ View Post
    what happens with defects?
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mSPo~ View Post
    just adjust the height back to stock, clear the defect, then slam it back down again
    Damn right you do.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

^ hahah it cant be that simple could it?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    It is.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I have Eibach/Bilstein combo.Had it for over 3 yrs.Never been pulled over,checked etc.Doesn't look like it's even been lowered unless you park next to a stock height Euro so go for it,you wont regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I have Eibach/Bilstein combo.Had it for over 3 yrs.Never been pulled over,checked etc.Doesn't look like it's even been lowered unless you park next to a stock height Euro so go for it,you wont regret it.
    is this how your car looks like tony? i found a pic of a tsx with eibach prokit...

you can tell straight away that its lowered =(

eibach springs are good. but my theory is, because the springs only stiffen the ride at enthusiastic speeds, that would be going up speedhumps and driveways at low speeds, the dampening would be softer thus more prone to scraping. whereas with coilovers, the dampening is stiffer thus less scrape. am i correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    im lowered on ebiach pro kit springs and stock shocks and this is how it sits.. the rear looks abit funny cos of the driveway but it gives u a general idea
    Last edited by lilwilliam; 18-10-2009 at 09:03 PM.