Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    I'm with Tony1234 on this one... Ok so the first pic is of before shot and the last one is after. The Rear is alittle bit lower because we had put the front shock purch on the wrong way but thats now fixed and is now even.

I've got the same set up as Tony1234 and i bluddy love it! I can't ask for a better shock and spring combo!

Before

After
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    would stock shocks make a diff?? my rear seems to sit higher then ur one..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwilliam View Post
    would stock shocks make a diff?? my rear seems to sit higher then ur one..
    Yes, stock shocks have the lower spring perch at a different height to aftermarket shocks.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mSPo~ View Post
    eibach springs are good. but my theory is, because the springs only stiffen the ride at enthusiastic speeds, that would be going up speedhumps and driveways at low speeds, the dampening would be softer thus more prone to scraping. whereas with coilovers, the dampening is stiffer thus less scrape. am i correct?
    If you don't lower it a stupid amount then it won't scrape. Of course, there are stupid driveways as well which will challenge even a stock car!

At low speeds, coilovers have poor damping, unless you have Tein Monoflex or Toda Fightex. Bilstein or Koni shocks have better damping at low speed when compared to cheaper coils like N+, SS, Flex, Ksport, BC.

ok..thanks everyone for the input! much appreciated! Im not one of those who want the car to look ridiculously low, just want the car to sit lower than stock. .QD's ride height is pretty close to what im after.

Xplodin, that second pic, the rear is heaps lower (as you explained), but now that u have fixed the problem, is the front and rear similar to the rear of the second pic or slightly higher?

I hear that ppl can be taken to court etc for repeatable defect notices when i read a post by rein

how many times would u be defected before something serious happens (eg. going to court etc)? and what are the red stickers in NSW?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    go with coilovers man.. that way if you get done by the cops, raise it yourself, get it cleared and then lower it again.

They're cheap now.. $1699 from a trader on ozhonda: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=buddyclub

I've got mine lowered on these and they're awesome.. sits low, but high enough not to scrape over everything at low speeds. I've only had an issue with my ride height once with the cops and that's cause i was sitting on 18's.. and my buddyclub exhaust hangs really low..

Last edited by doosra; 19-10-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    sorry for stealing your thread... just wanted to know.. the price of installation for coilovers?

or is there a DIY.. we can do at home?

^ mate if your in Sydney, speak to the mod Benjamin. he does it for a really good price
    i have ordered tein ss...btw stealing my thread and it has nothing to do with defects?!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    go with coilovers man.. that way if you get done by the cops, raise it yourself, get it cleared and then lower it again.

They're cheap now.. $1699 from a trader on ozhonda: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=buddyclub

I've got mine lowered on these and they're awesome.. sits low, but high enough not to scrape over everything at low speeds. I've only had an issue with my ride height once with the cops and that's cause i was sitting on 18's.. and my buddyclub exhaust hangs really low..

wow another Euro R, did you import this from japan ?
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

Quote Originally Posted by euro1603 View Post
    wow another Euro R, did you import this from japan ?
    no way man, it would cost waaaay too much to import a CL7 (if even possible at all). You can buy the badge off ebay bro

btw, y import all the way from japan, just get it from new zealand. fancy them getting it and not us rofl

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    sorry for stealing your thread... just wanted to know.. the price of installation for coilovers?

or is there a DIY.. we can do at home?
    Did you try looking at the first page of the Accord Euro section? You would have seen this thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120925