Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Ipra

Quote Originally Posted by 82911 View Post
    I think IPRA 3J is very strongly supported... Those are impressive grid numbers.
    Were they combined grid numbers Greg?

I think if you look over the competitor numbers for the last, say, five years then you will see a real decline in numbers. IPRA has traditionally been strong and consistent in competitors but a large proportion of the field has disappeared even since 2006 when I competed. New competitors have not, in the whole, appeared to take up the numbers. So where are all those guys who competed 4-5 years ago? Has the economic uncertainty of the last few years forced people to re-evaluate their participation? There must be a lot of cars sitting in garages!

As for the panel damage, I think that only happens at the front, where sheep-stations are at stake!

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Peter, yes they are combined #'s.
    This year the % has been in favour of U2L by around 60% to 40% for the overs.
    IPRA is the strongest of all the State based categories. As an example...Last round at Wakefield park Sports sedans had 4 entries!
    I think I have dragged this thread far enough off topic.... so I will leave it at that.

Cheers Greg..
    "Understeer you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Account Disabled Array

I'm not sure where you hear this sort of stuff from, but there is very little contact between competitors in 3J at all..... as a matter of fact I'd bet your Civic had more damage last season from the sprint rounds than my EK9 does from 6 rounds of IPRA racing!
    If you ever have a change of heart... I'd be happy to help with the transition and any questions you might have regarding getting started in IPRA.
    Greg,

Im sure if everything is right (financially wise), we'll build an IPRA car in another chasis in the next upcoming years.

The only damage to the civic was the off @ Oran Park. That was my fault, push it a little to hard on the ripple strips with a greasy grass sent me to the wall. That's motorsports for you. We lost a few front splitters over the rounds, but hey if you dont lose one, your not pushing hard enough

I would like to see a few amendants to the rules. Some of the 3J rules are just ridculous.. PM sent

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Benson the only way rules will get changed is if you join IPRA NSW Club and get involved then you have a say you dont need to race in the class yet just be involved in IPRA, if you sit back and complain on forum sites nothing will happen,the club/class needs young people like yourself and your brother with a passion for racing.You have had a good year and no one can take that away from you or your team

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Ipra

Last round at Wakefield park Sports sedans had 4 entries!
    I was in Sports Sedans for quite a few years (inc. administration) before my one year in IPRA. I believe internal factions and politics generally killed Sports Sedans. I could write a book on all the cr@p that went on there - IPRA hasn't been affected yet because the majority of competitors don't care about the politics enough to get involved; they just want to race! But when they do I could forsee a similar scenario. I hope it doesn't happen because it is the best class for grassroots motorsport in NSW. IPRA meetings are tame affairs compared to the SS meetings I attended over the years. I'll leave it there too before I say something I might regret.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'