Thread: Engine mounts?

Member Array

Engine mounts?

Hey guys,

First of all - please excuse my ignorance as I don't know much about cars. I'm still trying to absorb as much information as i can

My friend was driving my DC2 the other day and he said it seems as though my engine mounts are dying. I'm just wondering what are engine mounts and brands and how much should I be looking to grab them for?

Regards,

Duck

A few months ago I blew the Engine mounts on my DC5 also. I simply took my car back to the honda dealership and they replaced it with a brand new engine mount for me for about 300. Im not too sure what the price would be u can probably get it for cheaper.

If you just want the stock feel, then go to your local honda and order some new ones...

if you want a potentially cheaper option: try repco/supercheap/autobarn to see if they have a suitable replacement that will fit....

if your planning to track the car in future and want stiffer engine mounts you can look into other brands like hasport
    blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    A few months ago I blew the Engine mounts on my DC5 also. I simply took my car back to the honda dealership and they replaced it with a brand new engine mount for me for about 300. Im not too sure what the price would be u can probably get it for cheaper.
    how would you know if you blew them? Does the engine make a specific sound when driving or idling?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGRX7 View Post
    how would you know if you blew them? Does the engine make a specific sound when driving or idling?
    when you gear down and its a bit violent.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    are you able to shift from 1st to 2nd freely??

Quote Originally Posted by duckey View Post
    when you gear down and its a bit violent.
    sound like your rear mount is gone.

if you want something that will last a very long time, but only if u plan to keep the car for a long time that is, i suggest hasport or innovative but go hit up yonas at jdmyard hes got hasports at a really good price and offer lifetime warrenty! i bought a pair and couldnt be happier

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by SHI-FTY View Post
    are you able to shift from 1st to 2nd freely??
    occasionally it'd be "difficult" - feels like its stuck sometimes.

i'm looking at hasport but im not sure if i'll be keeping the car for a long time. most probably selling it end of next year.

what happens if i don't acquire new engine mounts soon?

i looked at JDMyard earlier today - $535ish for hasport mounts - seems relatively cheap but i dont know if i want to fork out that much money yet.

sigh at being poor uni student.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by duckey View Post

what happens if i don't acquire new engine mounts soon?

it can get worse, if one mount fails it tends to put more load on the other mounts and deffinately it is not good for your gearbox but either way dude get it fixed asap

oem mounts are shit especially for us young dudes (not sayin we r bad drivers) , but i mean im sure u'd want to enjoy the car rather than jst use it as an A to B car, if u are the A to B person then jst go oem shud last by end of next year just depends on how u drive.

even if you cant get the cash or dont wana spend, i'd just get used oem ones that havnt failed lol, but you gotta know wat mount/mounts have failed for your car and jst replace them, i can garrentee your rear is gone,
    you might find on the forsale section used ones, u can check eg5 garage sale i saw some oem mounts for sale dnt no if he had the rear mount as well, u can check ebay check if repco wreckers e.t.c and only replace d failed ones (hopefully its jst the rear) and also would be cheaper on labour as well, less work involved loll,
    im only lookin at this on a tight budget perspective and once fixed and time goes buy u might want to go bigger and better

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Genuine mounts are fairly expensive - there are 5 on a type r.
    Two lower front mounts, $86 each
    Right side engine $217
    Rear $219
    Transmission $415

If all of them are on the way out id say go a hasport replacement kit as its cheaper than genuine, plus it would be alot stronger. However if 1 is blown you can always go something like kelpro as they are fabricated to oem specifications.
    Saves you replacing parts that dont need to be replaced, which in turn, keeps money in your pocket.
    Honda Accord Euro