Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift

HID lights on stock eg headlight housing

ok so i bought a h4 hid kit hi/lo and put them in my eg civic with stock housing.. like i kinda already knew it wasnt such a good idea but i thought id try anyway, now the thing is the light output doesnt seem that good or maybe coz i havent properly adjusted the angling yet.. but jus wondering if anyone here have same setup with really good results?? also i noticed when i turn the highbeams on they dont beam high instead they go inwards... anyway any pics also would b good?

cheersssss

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    wut? HB's go inward???

I'm not familiar with EG's at all, but HID's take time to charge up, so putting them on your high beams is totally useless.

Unless of course, your hb/lb is the same bulb... then i have no idea!

I reckon u reallllly want projectors.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift
    yes, h4 hi/lo hid is on the same bulb.. ive had hids in all my cars but this the first time ive put hids in oem lights.. its jus wierd wen i turn it to highbeam, instead it points inwards going down instead of going up..

i had projectors in my previous eg with hids n they wer heaps bright but i lost my parkers n didnt have highbeam since the projectors i was using was made for h3 bulbs. but i really wana keep my parkies n highbeam dis time so i wanted to stick wid the stock housing

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    why don't you get some black housing headlights from ebay they got a clear lense and with the hid the light s heaps better, Same bulb size as oem so you get the hi/lo as well as parkies

My h4 hid's do the same thing, when i switch it on the hi beams it bulls the bulb inwards instead of turning on another filament like in the normal h4 bulbs
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    well it is called HI BEAM so it should point up..ive got 8000k low beam on my eg and i just have to wind it down
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    better to get the black housing(still H4) or the projector(H1), they will give u a good result

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic VTi-R
    I've got H4 Hi/Lo HID's in my stock reflectors (EK) and I think they're pretty good results considering the shotty light output I was getting from halogens. Thing is, since they're in reflectors they produce so much glare and the light spread is real patchy.. Ideally, if you want to run HID's they should be put with projectors! That way you will get a clean cut-off with less glare and no patchy spots . Anyway, here's some pics of my HID's in reflectors (I'm too povo for projectors);

LO

HI

I think I see what you mean by hi-beams going inwards haha but they're still going up