Talking Some questions about my 1987 CRX

Hey guys, just picked up a bright yellow 1987 CRX and just wondering if there is a thread or post with a wider breadth of knowledge than the in-house "knowledgebase"? Doesn't seem to be much more info than engine info etc.

Just a few questions really:

The boot/hatch - is this meant to have gas struts or something similar? on my car it has nothing to hold it up, bit of a pain trying to hold it whilst putting stuff in:P

Where is a good place for parts? need a couple of things, mainly the air-conditioning fascia on the dash. I'm located in SA so something nearby would be good (not expecting much though tbh)

Any other useful info would be a godsend.

Cheers
    Ben

some pics (yes I realise front and rear bumpers are a bit buggered )

Basically, my possession of this car came about after swapping my Magna Wagon. The seller of "TWEEDY" offered swaps for this plus cash my way. I needed the cash to pay off some debt, and swapped for this in the hopes that I would come to love it (not my style, but very quick and fun to drive) or end up selling it to a Honda fanatic. Time will tell, I guess!
    Last edited by twlvlksjstlky; 22-10-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    This may be able to help your curiousity a little bit.Redbook link
    Taking a read through the Civic/CRX section will help too.

Is there any specific things you want to know?

I don't know who would trade an '87 CRX for a Magna especially a wagon so I'm hoping you had a good look over it. What model Magna?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    This may be able to help your curiousity a little bit.Redbook link
    Taking a read through the Civic/CRX section will help too.

Is there any specific things you want to know?

I don't know who would trade an '87 CRX for a Magna especially a wagon so I'm hoping you had a good look over it. What model Magna?
    2000 TH. The car is in great condition mechanically, just needs a bit of a tidy. Only reason I did the trade was for the cash adjustment really, and in the hopes I could sell this car

Nothing much else I really neeeed to know, just curious really! :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    of course you could sell it, just depends how much you're hoping for.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    ill buy that car and chuck a k20 in it muhahaaa

Well that's it, i was wondering how much it's worth as well, but thought it might be rude to ask straight up.

Btw I have no idea what a K20 is hahah

Another question: is there a service manual or something for it? The previous owner disconnected the speedo because he used his Garmin for speed, and he forgot to tell me where to reconnect. I remember him motioning towards the far back side of the engine bay but I cannot competely recall.