Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus

which gear to go with?

im planning to upgrade my gear in my car. getting a custom boot done but i wanna know which subs to do with: 2 12" JL audio W3's or 2 Alpine type R ?

also to go all out with JL gear or with alpine... prices + sound quality is what i want, something value for money

cheers
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    Alpines good for SPL but JL's range is also quite good, Id personally go with Digital Designs audio gear
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Let the store doing the install know what you expect from the system and they should lead you in the right direction.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusive_eg8 View Post
    Alpines good for SPL but JL's range is also quite good, Id personally go with Digital Designs audio gear
    what product does alpine make that makes you think its good for spl? i cant think of one car in australia thats loud and uses alpine subs or amps, as for dd, i cant justify the pricing anymore, since it started being imported by amg australia prices have gone through the roof....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    Quote Originally Posted by euro_tr4sh View Post
    what product does alpine make that makes you think its good for spl? i cant think of one car in australia thats loud and uses alpine subs or amps, as for dd, i cant justify the pricing anymore, since it started being imported by amg australia prices have gone through the roof....
    forgot to add SQ and decent SPL for Alpine

yeah tru DD is pretty killer at pricing, but hey look at the DD 9910 capable of close to 1300WRMS..

the kicker solobaric range is pretty tight too
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    Amuse S2000 AP1
    i like both two brands. JL and Alpine.

They all sounds pretty good for an average user.

Just remember, you dont want to be inside a car with 1300w RMS power bass.

try to hear the sound by using same amp in the audio shop and decide which one you like.
    wheel weights? HERE

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    thanks for the input guys. its just because i work at jbhifi and can get gear for pretty good prices through the direct REPS of alpine or JL thats why i was asking which ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Tim (alpine) and John (custom car) would love to sell you what they represent which there is nothing wrong with either, but buy what you like the sound of and both 'should' respect that...

Yes I am from the industry and know them both well...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    i ended up speaking to john for the gear i wanted. i was he said he'd pop in and speak to my directly.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by r-r-redEuro View Post
    i ended up speaking to john for the gear i wanted. i was he said he'd pop in and speak to my directly.
    I got a JL w12 running off a clarion mono block, very good clean bass. All bass lines are played.

I will go with one JL 13W7.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    im not keen in spending like 600 for 1 sub.