Cannot open boot from remote

I recently bought a Honda Accord Euro (2004) second hand. Everything is flawless but I can't seem to open the boot from either of the two remotes I've been given. The other functions on the remotes (lock and unlock) works.

I read through the manual and discovered a switch inside the boot. Regardless of whether it's set to "off" or "on", the remote still can't open it.

The boot lever to the right hand side of the driver's seat works without any problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jas0nt; 23-10-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Locked from the actual leaver next to you seat?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Yeah as Ken-f said, there is a metal key slot for your key on the drivers side just behind the boot button, put your key in and twist it and see if it lets you open it after that.

No dice - the metal thingy was always in its unlocked position.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning but when I press the 'boot' button on the remote, there's an audible clicking sound coming from the dashboard. So the remote is registering.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    I guess it could be the rear boot actuator that broken. it is a square electric device that functioning lock and unlock according to the remote control.

One of my frien had same problems previously on his DC5. replaced with second hand actuator and the problems fixed.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmine0 View Post
    I guess it could be the rear boot actuator that broken. it is a square electric device that functioning lock and unlock according to the remote control.

One of my frien had same problems previously on his DC5. replaced with second hand actuator and the problems fixed.
    ^^ I am also thinking the same thing. To confirm, try opening the boot using the boot release button which is just above the rear number plate. Do it for both switch positions. If it stil doesn't open, then the actuator needs to be replaced.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Thanks for the help fellas. Might consider taking it in to get it replaced, is there a rough ballpark figure on how much it'll set me back?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    ^^ I am also thinking the same thing. To confirm, try opening the boot using the boot release button which is just above the rear number plate. Do it for both switch positions. If it stil doesn't open, then the actuator needs to be replaced.
    Do you mean the latch that you press inwards (exterior to the car)?
    Last edited by jas0nt; 24-10-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post
    Do you mean the latch that you press inwards (exterior to the car)?
    Yes, that's the one. It uses the actuator to work.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    BUMP!!

My boot doesnt open with either remote or the latch...im definitely thinking actuator because it makes the sound similar to my passenger when that went. Can anyone confirm?

Damn it man....is it just me or when one thing goes wrong with the car, something else has to stuff up afterwards!?!? grrrr!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yes, probably boot release actuator. Get that replaced.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    I knew it was gonna be you to reply on this aaronng

Well the day that it started to work intermittently was after going to the beach. When i pulled the lever from inside the car, it felt like there was heaps of sand. It felt the grittiness when trying to pull the lever.

O well, guess its a trip the local honda dealer and see what they can do.