Threaded View

[DIY] Painting brake caliper

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

I think there's already one of these but you can never have too many, here is my version.

Aim: to paint brake calipers
    Required: degreaser, brake caliper paint, newspaper and masking tape. this is the paint and degreaser I used.

Step 1: Jack up the car and take the wheel off and this is what you have

Step 2: Give the calipers a clean by spraying it with degreaser and let it dry up or wipe it off.

Step 3: Use newspaper and masking tape to mask off all the parts that you don’t want paint on. You can use bits of newspaper to fill the holes up.

Step 4:Spray the brake paint on the caliper giving it a light even coat. Let it dry a bit for 10 – 15 minutes. Give it an additional 2 to 3 coatings with 10 – 15 minutes in between. I’ve painted it without doing the pad plate thing before and thought that it didn’t look as nice/right so I sprayed it as well.

Step 5: Take off all newspaper and tape, then put the wheel back on. Repeat for the other three wheels.

Before

After

Last edited by finalazy; 09-07-2008 at 05:36 PM.