Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu
    but as reported in magazines and from track testing done by Australian distrubutor of zeal/Endless products, Centrax (www.centraxauto.com.au)...the DC5R has a characteristic of "floatyness" when the suspension setting is slightly on the hard side due to their suspension geometry and construction.

floatyness... what do you actually mean, moves like a boat? Zeal products are very tempting yet i dont really know enough about sus settings to really know what kinda springs to get with the top of the range model. I think there was sus thread on here somewhere so i guess i better start learning.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Simple solution to your problem, find a friend who lives in japan go over there purchase a JDM DC5R register it in you name for 12months and make sure you have proof of ownership and registration in your name in japan and then import it to Aust as a personal import.....

yeah see the thing is I would actually like a car to drive in Australia and not everyone could be bothered to do that. I could just wait 6 months 4 the EP3 to be compiled and i have instant JDM in stead of waiting a year b4 i can get the car i paid $50K for.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    simply put..the DC5R doesn't have the best suspension...especially in the rear..
    if you set it too stiff....it slides too much.
    as for the Accord Euro...you can set it on stiffer settings, and it doesn't slide around as much....
    there are other advantages and disadvantages between a multilink (DC5) vs macpherson struts (CL7) suspenion...

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Brake different, Rim different, Suspenion different, intake manifold diffenent....etc. Good luck!!

yeah i know all that, thats easy stuff, I'm talking engine wise but it doesn't matter anymore

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    I got TEINS and on my DC5R and i absolutely love em.

dc5r will be the last integra so far as there are no news of a new one coming up within the nxt few years from vtec.net

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu
    simply put..the DC5R doesn't have the best suspension...especially in the rear..
    if you set it too stiff....it slides too much.
    as for the Accord Euro...you can set it on stiffer settings, and it doesn't slide around as much....
    there are other advantages and disadvantages between a multilink (DC5) vs macpherson struts (CL7) suspenion...
    DC5 has front macpherson struts and rear double wishbone...

Not quite sure what this multilink that you mention is?

I 100% agree with you that if you set the rear too stiff it starts sliding out very easily. I don't have coilovers on my Euro but the stock suspension is actually quite nice already. When I take quite hard turns with the Euro the stock sussy gives me alot of confidence already.

I am still playing with the suspension of my DC5R...
    Last edited by TeMp; 27-04-2006 at 09:34 PM.

For street purposes, the genereal consensus on CRSX (just from my research) seems to favour Buddy Club N+ over the Tein's.

If the rear starts sliding, just counter steer and drift... Hopefully it doesnt goes into a spin.