Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    had a look at the tar matting underneath the car yesterday, its alot thinner than the inside stuff. I might not strip it just yet unless i get desperate. cant really see more than 5 kgs in it all however i could still be wrong.
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    It's also about having a balance between what benny said,makes ya car sound 'rawer'.So that raw sound and a quiet ride.How mine is at the moment I reckon I could lose a little more to have that 'raw' sound come through a bit more but not too much.I love my comfortable ride,just a lil rawer sounding would be sweet!

I'll check mine on friday.I got 3 days off Fri,sat,sun with raceday on Saturday WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    i plan on starting on my boot when I get the time. See how that goes then I might consider the rest of the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Are you trying to meet a minimum weight? I can't see how adding ballast anywhere could increase performance. The passenger footwell seems to be a popular choice for underweight yanks - nice and close to the centre of mass.

hey mate not going to a min weight.it is more important to have the car weights right rather then being 10kg lighter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Awesome thread.The best threads are the ones where people are just sharing experiences,like this one.

Good work!

I'm gonna attack some more sound deadening,might even be able to strip some kg's before trackday,on saturady!

Vtecrx,will U be racing Kermit out there Saturday - SAS?
    hey mate yeah i will be there you wont miss me. come say hi

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by spardikis View Post
    had a look at the tar matting underneath the car yesterday, its alot thinner than the inside stuff. I might not strip it just yet unless i get desperate. cant really see more than 5 kgs in it all however i could still be wrong.
    hey mate it looks thinner then it is once you get closer to the middle it gets thicker also cant forget it is in the gaurds to. i pulled about 15 to 20kg from them spots.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    how did you tackle underneath sound deadening?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    look my pxt on the first page. screw driver and wire wheel and time.

Quote Originally Posted by vtecrx View Post
    hey mate not going to a min weight.it is more important to have the car weights right rather then being 10kg lighter.
    And you couldn't get the weights right without adding a lump of useless mass?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    And you couldn't get the weights right without adding a lump of useless mass?
    no the driver being where it is and nothing to move in the boot i cant any other way, throw me any ideas if you have any.

Well why not just do a basic corner weighting with some "coilovers"?

With a ~70kg driver off to one side, a battery right up front and an engine with mass in god knows what arrangement, the car's true corner weights are going to be all over the place to begin with - a 10kg ballast seems like almost nothing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    so you think i would just put 10 kgs somewhere with out weighting.

did you not look at the pxt of my interior, does it not look like it is half done.

i have scales