Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    interesting you are trying to corner weight , when you have other useless mods on the car that have no real effect on the handling. For the street thats great but IMO get rid of the wing , c pillar brace and big rims.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    interesting you are trying to corner weight , when you have other useless mods on the car that have no real effect on the handling. For the street thats great but IMO get rid of the wing , c pillar brace and big rims.

trying to corner weight?

the wing was put on for the track everyone to there own and own ideas.

c pillar trying as much as possiable to stiffin the car up like i said everyone has there own ideas.

big rims i guess you didnt read money does not just flow around my place so anything i can get cheap i do. i get slick 1 meet old for 50 to 100 dollas. thats why the big wheel.

why not pick on that useless door hinge. cause it looks cool
    Last edited by vtecrx; 04-11-2009 at 07:49 PM.

im sorry if i hurt your feelings champ - just pointing out some clashing things. Also , used semis or slicks i would strongly avoid - good chance they are stale !

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecrx View Post
    hey mate yeah i will be there you wont miss me. come say hi
    Will do! (we did hello,once in passing @ QR )

Here U are @ 50 seconds WOOT WOOT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAdpEx8bmg

I reckon the wing and c-pillar brace is working to a positive means on the track and reading how you are doing this on the budget/cheap like myself makes me admire you more!

I will be attacking the extra sound deadening I learnt about tomorrow!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Here's some pics of stripping the sound deadening out:

Wiggidy wiggidy whack YO!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    im sorry if i hurt your feelings champ - just pointing out some clashing things. Also , used semis or slicks i would strongly avoid - good chance they are stale !
    hey mate not bothered, love this shit. you need to know more about the tyres to understand.

hey mate not bothered, love this shit. you need to know more about the tyres to understand.
    do tell ! What times you running with / without these tyres ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    i run the same times as when i put the new semis on the white crx on mine. so for 50 to100 dollar a tyre it keeps me happy. when i buy them they are brand new when i see them go on the car then they do 1 race meet then i buy at the end of the meet.

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    i run the same times as when i put the new semis on the white crx on mine. so for 50 to100 dollar a tyre it keeps me happy. when i buy them they are brand new when i see them go on the car then they do 1 race meet then i buy at the end of the meet.
    absolutly nothing wrong with running with used semis, I would definatly run these over a typical street tyre if i could, especially if it were for practice. if however you were to try and put a P.B down then sure go and get a fresh set, but for the price and budget id say go for it... experiment with you tyre pressures and temps etc thats how you learn with out making the sport crippling...
    Boosted Integra underway!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by spardikis View Post
    absolutly nothing wrong with running with used semis, I would definatly run these over a typical street tyre if i could, especially if it were for practice. if however you were to try and put a P.B down then sure go and get a fresh set, but for the price and budget id say go for it... experiment with you tyre pressures and temps etc thats how you learn with out making the sport crippling...
    i run used full slicks.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    This has been a great thread!!

It has really got me psyched to remove more weight from the car,which I'm doing!

A lighter car is a quicker car

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    i finally managed to take out my sunroof glass last night, the stupid allan key bolt heads stripped so i had to drill them out. took me ages to get round to this nasty one!!

the glass in the roof alone weighed 7.4kgs

being right at the highest point of the car, this would upset the center of gravity quite alot. Ill be trying to make a sunroof out of lexun that i can quickly bolt on for track days... hopefully
    Boosted Integra underway!