EK4

spoon street type exhaust

i did a search already
    but didnt come up with anything that wanted to know

bascially, i wanna know whats the difference between this and the N1
    from reading the werid english ont he spoon site
    im guessing this gives a bit mroe torque low down
    or something liek that

in the future, i was planning to get a full spoon exhaust system with the street type muffler
    what you guys think?
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    The flow of Spoon street type = Stock Type-R + 5% increase of flow
    i am not making it up, spoon use to have the comparing data on their site before

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by gelo
    i did a search already
    but didnt come up with anything that wanted to know

bascially, i wanna know whats the difference between this and the N1
    from reading the werid english ont he spoon site
    im guessing this gives a bit mroe torque low down
    or something liek that

in the future, i was planning to get a full spoon exhaust system with the street type muffler
    what you guys think?
    street type is more quiet and offer less exhaust flow. the flow is 124 litre/sec while N1 is 139 litre/sec. Standard is 112 litre/ sec.

street type is not straight thru exhaust. N1 is straigh thru. ie. you can put a golf ball from one end and come out on the other with N1. Street type is not a straight thru.

Strret type is heavier at 5.2kg, N1 is only 3.6Kg versus standard of 8.5kg.

you want power... go for N1. if you want a bit of perfomance but also more quite.. go for street type.

If you want power and quite.. i have not seen one a straight thru system that is extremely quite.. maybe there is.. but have yet seen a genuine race purpose muffler that is quite.

well the N1 muffler comes with silencer... so thats good.. when u want to race.. put it off.. and on the street put it on.. easy bolt on with the silencer

Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    thanx hondar
    just the info i needed!
    one more thing
    does the N1 cause any low end loss?
    i have a feeling it does
    EK4 SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    thanx hondar
    just the info i needed!
    one more thing
    does the N1 cause any low end loss?
    i have a feeling it does
    what do you mean by low end loss? you will lose power if your exhaust piping is too big... or you use improper piping size for your car...

the truth about honda engine is they are designed to gained a lot of power on high rev.. if you want huge low end gain... you need to get a holden v6 for example...

remember this rule as well... "there is no replacement for displacement", if you want to make power you need the cc. thats why people have been modifying and come out with b20 hybrid, or people go for h22 swap becos in bigger cc, you get more torque...and therefore they feel the power from the moment they rev the engine...

my personal preference is still b18 but to each his own i guess...

back to the topic.. spoon muffler is 60.5mm which is just nice to me and i dont think it is too big

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    thanx hondar
    much appreciated

so the full spoon exhaust would be
    4-2-1 headers
    b pipe
    and the n1 or street type muffler?

approx how much would that be?
    Last edited by gelo; 20-11-2004 at 06:47 PM.
    EK4 SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    thanx hondar
    much appreciated

so the full spoon exhaust would be
    4-2-1 headers
    b pipe
    and the n1 or street type muffler?

approx how much would that be?
    spoon has 4-2-1 and 4-1.

They are very pricey to be honest. i wont be able to tell how much they are now untill i get the latest pricing structure. but it will be above 2k at least for the whole lot

however i have exhaust system coming in real soon... just watch out for the traders section.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    would it be save to assume that 4-2-1 are the ones where 4 pipes connect as 2 pipes then to 1 pipe and 4-1 is 4 pipes conenct as 1 pipe? and would it be... correct to assume there is better air flow in 4-2-1 ??? i'm not sure how can i search typing 4-2-1 lol or airflow in exhaust... well... exhaust gases in this case. positive replies much appeaciated!

the spoon n1 is a good exhaust as for the spoon headers,..they are really good but because of the thinner metal used, it is advisable to wrap them with extractor insulation

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepo
    would it be save to assume that 4-2-1 are the ones where 4 pipes connect as 2 pipes then to 1 pipe and 4-1 is 4 pipes conenct as 1 pipe? and would it be... correct to assume there is better air flow in 4-2-1 ??? i'm not sure how can i search typing 4-2-1 lol or airflow in exhaust... well... exhaust gases in this case. positive replies much appeaciated!
    mate the design of 4-2-1 and 4-1 is got to do with the exhaust flow. it got to do with primary runners, secondary runners of the pipe. the length of them. it is designed to affect your peak torque landing at certain rpm range.

both have equal flow 4-2-1 or 4-1 if the diameter is the same. the speed of the flow got to do with the pipe size. you dont want to get too big that it actually slows the down flow but you dont want too small that it becomes restrictive. remember in n/a engine, you are after exhaust flow to clear up as much exhaust fume after each combustion so that the combustion chamber can filled with new fresh air intake.

at the end of the day peak torque is where you want your engine at. so next time your look at dyno sheet, dont look at kw only. look at the torque curve as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus
    the spoon n1 is a good exhaust as for the spoon headers,..they are really good but because of the thinner metal used, it is advisable to wrap them with extractor insulation
    actually it got nothin to do with thinner metal used. (im not flaming you okey..) it is good of course to get product from the same company as they wont do a bottleneck system.

in fact japanese exhaust system is usually used thicker metal than if you were to custom made. custom made pipe are really thin while jap system have seen, they used solid metal to make their exhaust system.

but you made a good point about extractor insulation which can be useful to have them wrapped if you dont have a heat shield. a good thing to do but not a must thing. there are other things that can make you go faster.

coming back to spoon system, it is 60.5mm all the way so it is a good system in that sense to have them if you dont know the sizing but if you know,it doesnt matter if you use apexi header, vision b-pipe and hks muffler as long it is not bottleneck.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    hmmm so whats the proes and cons of a 4-2-1 and a 4-1? i'm certain there is a reason why there are 2 such system of piping... o.O, sorry still learning X_X