Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    Could the wiring be loose? I had abit of a problem with corrosion on the back of mine where the dimmer was so also check that!

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Oh, was it happening before you changed LEDs?
    Nah wirings not loose, and no wasnt happening before I changed the LED's

Could have something to do with the LED's not fitting quiet right into the globe holders, the stock bulbs my da9 came with, the base is much larger than the t10 LED's that are said to be the correct ones to use for clusters, so who knows, might just put old globes back in, cause sometimes when the lights turn off I cant see what speed im going haha

Member Array
    Car:
    eg4
    did this @ the beginning of the year, isnt a hard diy. i found 'tri-led' or butterfly leds gave off better illuminiation. the light was spread better and hotspots not as bad.

leds such as these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/6-X-3-LED-Blu...item4149f1fe7b

the picture doesnt do it justice :P (6 leds are in, 5 worked, 1 WAS a dud (near the 'H' of the temperature, its been replaced with a working led now))

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoss View Post
    Nah wirings not loose, and no wasnt happening before I changed the LED's

Could have something to do with the LED's not fitting quiet right into the globe holders, the stock bulbs my da9 came with, the base is much larger than the t10 LED's that are said to be the correct ones to use for clusters, so who knows, might just put old globes back in, cause sometimes when the lights turn off I cant see what speed im going haha
    If the LED's are not fitting right, then try the larger size ones. There seems to be only 2 sizes on the market so yours could be the larger ones.

In the mean time, dw about what speed you are going. There are only two speeds you should know;

1. The speed everyone else is driving
    2. Really fast.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Hahah thanks for the info vodkashot.

I think ill only be in trouble when Im zooming past a cop car or something and they look at my funny lol

P.S What are the 2 sizes, t10 and t5?

Oh and the ones I got now which I think are t5's do fit, but just a tad wobbly if that makes sense. T10's wont fit they are too big, my dash does take 2 x t10's though(same size as the parker bulbs), luckily I had 2 left over in blue so I put them in, and they work, but theres also t5's around the dash, its a stupid design
    Last edited by Chriskoss; 12-11-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Holden IntegraL
    I had the same problem with some of the cheap ebay leds. The wedge is 5mm but it lacks thickness to make a snug fit - I had to bend the metal legs out a little to make it fit better.

Other branded leds like the 3A racing at autobarn have perfect snug fitment.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Thanks for that ill give them a try then

Member Array
    Car:
    Holden IntegraL
    Be wary of generic ebay led

The resistors in mine got fried - brown area of the plastic.
    This caused the plastic base to melt.

Sorry about the bad pic - phone camera can't focus well in macro.
    Last edited by dreamshifter; 18-11-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    so its better to go with the good quality ones from supercheap or something? thing is they prob source it from the same makers in china and then add a 200% mark up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoss View Post
    so its better to go with the good quality ones from supercheap or something? thing is they prob source it from the same makers in china and then add a 200% mark up lol
    They might, but atleast you know they wont sell shitty ones that blow up, they have a rep to hold up.

COol , But is that the bulb will last long, cause it might fuse off easier compare with original

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch
    this is awesome im going to try this , though then ill have to change the other lights such as a/c no? anyone had a DIY for this?
    eat the rice with your spoon

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    haha, i was just about to tell you that i did one with it, then i realized that you found it. lol