Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1,4,9
    not a fan of re001's.....theyre "fail point" is too sudden. great for the daily driver but not for the daily driver that thinks every road is the track.
    lol

ive used toyo t1r and for the price theyre much better.
    HORSEPOWER is how hard you hit the wall.
    TORQUE is how far you go through it!

Member Array
    Car:
    Black DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    im surprised by the negative comments re their performance in de wet...they stuck like glue when it was absolutely pouring and i was amazed by how much grip they had..close to dry conditions..best tyres ive used so far...btw they r de jap ones.
    same! i have the jap ones from Tyre Factory. They are great in the wet, and excellent in the dry.
    not the best tyre around, but for $175 for 205/50/15 it is good value.

only downpoint is they squeel alot when pushed to the limit whereas the kuhmos dont.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    T1R is mad in small sizes (not so good in GTR sizes)

Quote Originally Posted by STiR View Post
    FALKEN RT615 is over-rated. Not enough track grip, and less grip in the wet than a semi-slick on the road.

Do not buy. Buy real semi-slicks instead. TOYO R888 is a great semi-slick on the road, warms up quickly so you don't feel like you're driving on ice. Also great in the wet believe it or not.
    The Falken RT615 isn't a "semi-slick" or even a competitor for the Toyo R888. One is a high performance summer tyre and the other is a street legal R-compound. Of course a street tyre is going to have less grip, even in the wet, than a R-compound.

Besides; R888 on the public road is nonsensical. There's tyres out there offering 90% of the performance and 500%+ of the durability.

Good News for everyone about the shitty australian made re001s.
    Bridgestone are closing up their tyre factories in SA and NZ.

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/media/articles/p1125.aspx

HISOKA RACING COMPONENTS

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    The Falken RT615 isn't a "semi-slick" or even a competitor for the Toyo R888. One is a high performance summer tyre and the other is a street legal R-compound. Of course a street tyre is going to have less grip, even in the wet, than a R-compound.

Besides; R888 on the public road is nonsensical. There's tyres out there offering 90% of the performance and 500%+ of the durability.
    If there were, i wouldn't use semi slicks on the road. If there were tyres offering 90% performance i'm sure there wouldn't be much place for semi slicks.

I've bought most of the highest performance road tyres previously and they do not have anywhere near the grip of semi slicks. The RT615 isn't even as good as the old RT215.

If there were, i wouldn't use semi slicks on the road. If there were tyres offering 90% performance i'm sure there wouldn't be much place for semi slicks.
    A street tyre probably will probably overheat long before a race-oriented tyre, not that it's relevent to street performance. Besides; there is no shortage of people willing to pay 100%+ more for 10% more performance.

I've bought most of the highest performance road tyres previously and they do not have anywhere near the grip of semi slicks. The RT615 isn't even as good as the old RT215.
    Do you have any empirical data to quantify "not [] anywhere near"? A minor 10% increase in maximum lateral tyre force could translate to a profound increase in perceived "grip".

RE001s are good enough for straight 2nd outright @ an ozhonda trackday meet compared to semis...

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...7/2008.WAKE.S2

Whats the issue? LOL...The RE001s are good for what they are. Happy with them and will I get them again, yeah, probably will - Although I do want to try the KU36
    Last edited by e240; 10-11-2009 at 04:33 PM.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    A street tyre probably will probably overheat long before a race-oriented tyre, not that it's relevent to street performance. Besides; there is no shortage of people willing to pay 100%+ more for 10% more performance.

Do you have any empirical data to quantify "not [] anywhere near"? A minor 10% increase in maximum lateral tyre force could translate to a profound increase in perceived "grip".
    'Anywhere near' my question to you is does that sound like i have empirical data?

Lap times are a good indicator. If the car coming 2nd at ozhonda meet was on road tyres that's great, but it's safe to say if it was on semi slicks (assuming suspension is set up to run semis) then it would be quicker, more consistent and generally longer lasting on the track.

Back to the point. Question is what is the most overrated tyre and I'd have to say the AZENIS range based on my personal experience with both RT215 and RT615. Buy a real road tyre or a real track tyre instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    can anyone elborate on the falken 452's??? how do they perform against the RE-001 or the AD07's?
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    327i
    What does everyone think about...

Bridgestone G3's or Kumho kh11 or KU31's or Toyo T1s

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by quang View Post
    can anyone elborate on the falken 452's??? how do they perform against the RE-001 or the AD07's?
    I have used the AD07 and the RE001 and the RE001 is not in the same league as the Advan in terms of performance. The AD07 are a lot louder though. I very much doubt that the Falken 452 will perform any where near as well as either of the other tyres since the AD07 is considered by most to be a much better performing tyre than Falken's flagship RT615.

If you want performance get the AD07 (or AD08 it's successor), if you want longevity then get the Falken. If you want a balance of the two then get the RE001.