Member Array
    Car:
    93 integra vtir

vtir sun roof problems

hey all, ive just become the proud owner of a 93 vtir, but the sun roof doesn't seem to want to open, ive had a search and found this thread sun roof probz. my sun roof is doing exactly the same thing it pops up but wont slide back, just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about fixing the problem as it doesn't really say in that thread, they sugest to regrease the tracks but im not sure how you would go about that. id rather give it a go myself before i go forking out money at honda to get it done

regards
    mitch
    Last edited by weeman; 02-11-2009 at 06:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by venus View Post
    send back the metro, bring back the macho.

hey mate if you don't want to regrease the tracks first up, just try spraying a bit of wd40 on the tracks. It does sound like it has dried up a bit...

see if that makes it easier to slide open....

if your still having problems after that, you might need to get someone to help you remove the sunroof so you can check the tracks and mechanisms properly....

I've had the reverse problem with my teg sunroof where it hasn't closed before, and it was the little metal clip had fallen out of place.....same thing with the crx....rubber bracket broken...not letting sunroof close...
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    93 integra vtir
    yeh i sprayed a bit on the trackes last night but didn't seem to help, i opened the sunroof as far as i could and had a look on top of the roof and it seems to be getting caught on the passenger side, the drivers side looks like it wants to come up but the passenger side doesn't seem to be budging, i think ill just take it to honda after work today to get them to check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by venus View Post
    send back the metro, bring back the macho.