Clicking noise from steering wheel when indicators on

I have recently purchased a 2004 Honda Jazz VTI. When turning the steering wheel when the indicators are on there is a clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the steering wheel. Is this normal and if so can you stop it??

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    think its normal to have the clicking sounds from the steering wheel when turning with the indicators on.

its because your turning the wheel whilst indicating, its the indicator self cancelling mechanism trying to engage whilst your steering wheel is turning.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Normal. Happened to my Euro too back in 2005. I had the dealer check it out and they said although it was a little louder, it was normal. Fastforward to today in 2009, my indicators still work fine and cancel on their own after I turn. They said that if the indicators were loud and did not self cancel after turning the steering wheel, then that would be a problem.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Thanks for your comments. So I'm guessing there is no simple way to stop the clicking??

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    try not to signal but you have to signal due to legal reasons. So no you cant make the noise go away
    Last edited by burak213; 03-11-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Can anyone tell me if all Jazz's do it??

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    lol its normal for almost all cars lol. is this your first car.

Up until now I have driven an older Corolla which didnt do it, but have also driven a number of newer cars that also havent done it???

turn the radio up

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Quote Originally Posted by ljt14 View Post
    I have recently purchased a 2004 Honda Jazz VTI. When turning the steering wheel when the indicators are on there is a clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the steering wheel. Is this normal and if so can you stop it??
    How many cars have you owned or driver in your life?

It's normal, next thing people will be asking if revving noises from the engine is normal when they accelerate.

This is normal on almost every car, some are louder than others. Maybe you're just paranoid?
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ljt14 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if all Jazz's do it??
    To answer your question in both ur first post and this one. Yes it is normal.
    I own a jazz myself and it does it. Its very noticeable but that's only normal.

There's no need to get worried about it. Hope you enjoy your new jazz.